Nom Nom Nom

2 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Eggs Royale is the breakfast of the gods.

Heard it called Eggs Montreal also.

Whatever way you do it I'd recommend crumbling some crispy bacon bits over the Hollandaise & poached egg. Use a toasted bagel rather than an English muffin.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Scallops with confit chicken, truffled cannelloni beans and shiitakes, shiitake crisps, Italian salad and a pea purée.

Was decent, but both worth the time and effort tbh. Couldn’t get decent sized scallops either which didn’t help.

F1414523-EB09-4AFB-B879-019593788543.jpeg

Looks too dry and too much on the plate, scallops are under, 3/10 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Do you know what they call Eggs Royale in France?

Mayonnaise. I seen them do it, man, they fucking drown them in that shit.

17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It was a bit dry for my liking, agreed. Definitely not too much, needed more if anything. And the scallops were over rather than under.

Thing about scallops is to get the pan screaming hot. Oil the scallops & not the pan.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You let her cook the scallops?

FFS

There was so much involved in making that dish that we had to split duties. One thing I will definitely make again we’re the shiitake crisps, they’d be a great snack.

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

They look fine to me. I'm not a fan of scallops that are charred to f**k tbh

Nah they were like bullets and didn’t have that crisp top that scallops need. They were shite. 

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

They look fine to me. I'm not a fan of scallops that are charred to f**k tbh

Have to disagree here mate.

Love scallops & steak charred & rare inside.

The maillard reaction gives a nice flavour.

Scallops should definitely be charred out side and still sort of medium rare in the middle. However, they are ok if gently braised ( perhaps wrong choice of word there because it's still quick) in butter, wine and lemon juice in the oven.

They still have to be protecting from overcooking in any scenario though since an overcooked one is awful.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Scallops should definitely be charred out side and still sort of medium rare in the middle. However, they are ok if gently braised ( perhaps wrong choice of word there because it's still quick) in butter, wine and lemon juice in the oven.

They still have to be protecting from overcooking in any scenario though since an overcooked one is awful.

Absolutely correct. Like with a steak, the key is having the pan as hot as possible as it chars them without overcooking them.