Nom Nom Nom

Fancy trying to cook some more advanced recipes during lockdown as I’ve finally got the time to do it. I’ve got a recipe for scallops with confit chicken leg and mushroom that looks good so that’ll be the first one, but unsure what else yet.

All suggestions welcome.

Fancy trying to cook some more advanced recipes during lockdown as I’ve finally got the time to do it. I’ve got a recipe for scallops with confit chicken leg and mushroom that looks good so that’ll be the first one, but unsure what else yet.
All suggestions welcome.
Hardest thing for me would be getting decent scallops but aye, I alwyas struggle to find challenging recipes so post it up and any more folk have

Made fajitas last night. Very basic stuff but tasty. Seasoned some chicken, cut it up and fried it in olive oil. Fired in a whole diced red onion and a sliced orange sweet pepper. Added in some cut up and mixed leaf salad.

Anyway, had some left over, so fired it in to a sandwich and sprinkled over some cheese then drizzled some worcester sauce. Wrapped it in some baking paper then fired it in to oven for just under 10 minutes. Was exceptional.

49 minutes ago, Hymlick Manouvre said:

Decided to change/ improve my homemade kebab meat recipe. Just got to wait an hour until it cooks.

20200403_151101.jpg

Full pics & recipe later please

Could you divide that up & put it onto skewers and then fire it on a griddle pan?

Edited by Silverton End

At the same time I made my donner kebab, I made chicken tikka kebabs for the wife and MIL. They were decent, only change I'd make next time is make the marinade a bit thicker. I heartily recommend both of Kenny McGovern's takeaway secrets books for anyone who likes cooking takeaway style food at home, particularly at the moment. I'm going to have a look over the weekend for the next recipe to have a bash at.

I am no fan of they c***s who only talk about their winners so please accept my apology for no photo...

But no way was I showing anyone the abomination of a toad in the hole I made tonight. Genuinely looked like a toad in the hole after an encounter with a sledge hammer.

Tasted ok, but having took the sausages out the over and placed on the the hob and poured in the yorkie pudding mix, the dish snapped clean in two meaning I had to hold the scalding dish whilst Mrs B frantically scraped the contents over to another dish. What a clusterfuck.

Still a bit meatloafy but better than last time. Seemed to have solved the garlic/ chilli sauce thing by accident, added fresh chilli's when grinding the meat, proper hot Thai ones and now the meat itself has the spiciness of the chilli so just need to add the garlic sauce. Proper tasty and a lot healthier than the shit out the shops.

The ingredients were:

1.2 kg lamb ground finely

Spices - 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, mace, onion powder, coriander, cumin, onion seeds

4 Thai chillies

Salt & pepper to taste

The mixture can be used as koftas on skewers but I would add fresh herbs in that one. 

20200403_165445.jpg

9 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Smoked Haddock & Leek (& Pea) Risotto.

Wolfed up by the family despite some necessary brand changes in the ingredients. Peas added to get another vegetable into the children's diet.

317688977_SmokedHaddockRisotto.JPG.b1bc9d4d5a6c2e79ccc55113a1e2a85e.JPG

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/smoked-haddock-leek-risotto

Looks more like chowder than a risotto?