Nom Nom Nom

1 hour ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

Anyone been to Condita in Salisbury Place in Edinburgh?
I got a booking as a present and the first available table is in March. Have read one review but there are no menus that you can browse, so was wondering if anyone had tried it

It’s on my list, getting great reviews. It does look like it might be incredibly pretentious going by the website though,  where it stresses there is no background music or a bar.

Just spotted that the website has been updated and there are there's another review there. The previous one explained that diners didn't get a menu, as such, but a hand drawn illustration of ingredients :this is, I agree, " pretentious". Utter w**k, in fact.
Get that in the bin, along with the daft pricing. "6.5". No, it's £6.50 you fucking ponces.

My thoughts of The Ivy on the Square were that it was a tremendous meal, Pricey for drinks for no good reason but the food itself was really, really good.

I had tempura prawns and Salt and pepper squid for starter and Moroccan half chicken main with a side of Parmesan and Truffle fries.

meal for two with two courses and drinks came to around £80 so not too bad but not great for price either.

definitely would recommend though.

My thoughts of The Ivy on the Square were that it was a tremendous meal, Pricey for drinks for no good reason but the food itself was really, really good.
I had tempura prawns and Salt and pepper squid for starter and Moroccan half chicken main with a side of Parmesan and Truffle fries.
meal for two with two courses and drinks came to around £80 so not too bad but not great for price either.
definitely would recommend though.

Yup. I thought the same. All in all, I was very impressed. I also recommend Copper Blossom for a very similar experience.

Yup. I thought the same. All in all, I was very impressed. I also recommend Copper Blossom for a very similar experience.

Copper Blossom is nice for a drink certainly, never had food there. Very wanky though. [emoji23]

On 29/01/2020 at 12:06, Honest_Man#1 said:

Heading to The Peat Inn for dinner tomorrow for fiancés birthday. Anyone got any recommendations for a nice but more casual lunch restaurant in St Andrews?

Where did you end up going, HM?