Nom Nom Nom

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
17 hours ago, Rizzo said:
A cheeky pear and raspberry preserve using the last of the rasbs from our front-garden bushes (lolz).  
I can't decide if I like it or not.
20191209_195345.thumb.jpg.e9b1602c5c5b98cc39d1d4670121fa5c.jpg

Fingernails short and clean prior to a P&B appearance. How some people dont get that baffles me, but well played.

I keep my nails so short they struggle to accumulate any visible dirt. Hate having long nails.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

You need to be making ‘cobb loaf’ next time you make one of those bad boys. Get it hollowed out and filled with goodness!

Hollowed Loaf with French Onion Soup or Moules marinière.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

No wonder you left the Labour Party.

Old adage:

”You’re the Labour Party, you want to abolish First Class rail travel”.

“You’re wrong, we want all rail travel to be First Class”.

All of us should be able to enjoy the good things in life and that’s the sort of society we should aspire to.

On 10/12/2019 at 17:05, quickoverayard said:

Anyone been to the basement bar in Edinburgh for food? Quite fancy it.

Yeah, it used to be better than it is now, but even then is was fairly standard inauthentic Mexican stuff - fajitas, enchiladas etc.

If it's Mexican you're after, try El Cartel on Thistle Street. Small place and they don't take bookings, so you're pretty much guaranteed a short wait, but they'll take your phone number and send you to the pub over the road until your table is ready. Really decent food in there.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Dressed lobster, salmon pâté  and large prawns from M&S, served with a wedge of lemon, crusty bread and a White Rioja.

Kids coughing up the funeral funds whilst you dine like a king?

Yeah, it used to be better than it is now, but even then is was fairly standard inauthentic Mexican stuff - fajitas, enchiladas etc.
If it's Mexican you're after, try El Cartel on Thistle Street. Small place and they don't take bookings, so you're pretty much guaranteed a short wait, but they'll take your phone number and send you to the pub over the road until your table is ready. Really decent food in there.

Cheers mate going up to the Christmas market on wed so I’ll give it El Cartel a go

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, just me 2 said:

If that's the same gravy granules I bought once you would have needed the full tub, does look good though.

The granules were just for a little extra thickening up. I made my own gravy with onion, mushroom, carrot and stock this morning. 

Throbber just sent me a photo from his Christmas dinner.  Seems there was a late change to his menu due to earlier encounters as highlighted in the Things You Want To Share thread.  As was said, now twice the number of people at the table get a leg.

Apologies.  It was meant as a joke.  Photo deleted.

Edited by hearthammer