Nom Nom Nom

Fhior was outstanding today, particularly enjoyed Ox Heart and the Plaice tartarIMG_20191129_133538.thumb.jpg.d50a4186bc3ac0d6f023fa1ae35b206a.jpgIMG_20191129_132934.thumb.jpg.984e06c0a5831a202a5a5975bbd8de5b.jpg
Bold move ordering that ox heart. Before I read I thought the pic was a nice straight forward carpaccio type thing.... I love my food but would have to get my big boy pants on to order that. Fair play.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
19 minutes ago, Adam101 said:
Fhior was outstanding today, particularly enjoyed Ox Heart and the Plaice tartarIMG_20191129_133538.thumb.jpg.d50a4186bc3ac0d6f023fa1ae35b206a.jpgIMG_20191129_132934.thumb.jpg.984e06c0a5831a202a5a5975bbd8de5b.jpg

Bold move ordering that ox heart. Before I read I thought the pic was a nice straight forward carpaccio type thing.... I love my food but would have to get my big boy pants on to order that. Fair play.

I like trying new things and it was new to me, as was the English Chardonnay which was top drawer to be fair.

I was more nervous with the raw fish tbh.

I like trying new things and it was new to me, as was the English Chardonnay which was top drawer to be fair.
I love raw fish so no issues there, I even like some offal type stuff, like liver for example but anything involving heart gives me the fear for some reason. Same with tongue.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I love raw fish so no issues there, I even like some offal type stuff, like liver for example but anything involving heart gives me the fear for some reason. Same with tongue.

I think the bottom of the heart has a really nice flavour, I'm not so keep on the top, I find it a bit chewy and tough. I'm not so keen on liver or kidney I think it's a bit too gamey.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Does it just have the same texture as meat?

I thought it was much smoother than meat, I also had lamb that was genuinely melt in the mouth. I put it in my mouth and it felt to pieces

IMG_20191129_131532.jpg

2 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I think the bottom of the heart has a really nice flavour, I'm not so keep on the top, I find it a bit chewy and tough. I'm not so keen on liver or kidney I think it's a bit too gamey.

Pretty sure Jeffrey Dahmer said that once.

Whilst out Christmas shopping and wishing to kill myself, found a van doing Pie & Mash. First time in a few months that I've had it (oo er) and it was glorious. Really nice thick liquor, and lovely chilli vinegar. A real winter warmer. 

The girl serving was an absolute wid as well. Looked somewhat out of place dishing up.