Nom Nom Nom

Thoguht id put this on here if anyones interested. Been using www.farmison.com for the last year and got a 50% off code with my delivery today to be used for anyone placing a first time order. Their stuff is top notch and they do a lot of cuts that you struglle to find in supermarkets or even butchers. Code is "EBM50"

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:
12 minutes ago, Rizzo said:
Rigatoni with arabiatta sauce for tea tonight. Fucking love my new garlic crusher.
20190830_162716.thumb.jpg.d83ac6ce8213cc08a9d697f773a6a3b1.jpg

Do you just roll it back & forth over the clove?

Yep, had one like this but it never actually crushed more than 60% of the clove.

images (1).jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
39 minutes ago, Rizzo said:
Rigatoni with arabiatta sauce for tea tonight. Fucking love my new garlic crusher.
20190830_162716.thumb.jpg.d83ac6ce8213cc08a9d697f773a6a3b1.jpg

Regardless of how the dinner turns out, you have done a fine job of making the ingredients look good!!

Can't beat pasta sauce with fresh ingredients. For arabiatta I use fresh cherry tomatoes from a vine, garlic, onion, oregano and chilli. Olive oil to fry the onion and a generous squeeze of tomato puree topped off with a sprinkle of dried italian seasoning.

God I fucking love pasta.  

Can't beat pasta sauce with fresh ingredients. For arabiatta I use fresh cherry tomatoes from a vine, garlic, onion, oregano and chilli. Olive oil to fry the onion and a generous squeeze of tomato puree topped off with a sprinkle of dried italian seasoning.
You and me both. Italian food in general is the baws.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

You and me both. Italian food in general is the baws.

It is indeed, was it yourself that has the pizza oven or am I thinking of someone else? The MIL is trying to build one just now but not sure how far she's managed to get with it.

3 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

It is indeed, was it yourself that has the pizza oven or am I thinking of someone else? The MIL is trying to build one just now but not sure how far she's managed to get with it.

YAAAAAAS!!! Another excuse to talk about my pizza oven!!!! 

Yes its me but I just bought a gas one. I wouldn't have been able to go for a brick built one at this stage but maybe in a few years. Home baked pizzas are night and day from any shop or takeaway I have ever had. More than happy to discuss further although I fear the good people of this thread might follow those at my work who are now just rolling their eyes as I watch my latest dough stretching video on youtube! 

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I hear it can be very therapeutic to make pasta from scratch but to be honest I don't think it's worth the effort when it's the sauce that really does the biz for me. Am I missing out by using dry pasta for my dishes ?

Theres not a huge amount in it tbh. Dried pasta is better than shop bought fresh but homemade is better than both. 

Where you really can do excellent things is making homemade raviolis etc.