Nom Nom Nom

Slightly off topic I suppose.
I've never eaten in this restaurant and, in truth, almost certainly would not have even before reading this review. It's an excellent piece of writing by Jay Rayner, full of wit and scathing criticism.

The B&H Garden Room, London: ‘Sins against good taste' – restaurant review

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/aug/18/the-bh-garden-room-london-sins-against-good-taste-restaurant-review

An utter deviant who posts on here regularly posted a pic on twitter of his ice cream with chips in it. Only surprise was there were no mushrooms in sight. 
That pic should have been reported.

41 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Haggis and links with brown sauce on fresh tiger bread. 

It's only recently I've found out the rice flour/yeast paste to put on the dough before 2nd proof. (That's after going through 2yrs at culinary college.)

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Not sure you should be questioning anyones life choices

32 minutes ago, Dele said:

Your grammar is almost as bad as your life choices. 

Please don't end up in a Sunday 'Heads Gone' lads. Keep the thread on topic.

54 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The wife is making Steak Pie tonight with mashed spuds and broccoli as she is trying to add some sort of vegetable to every meal. Very excited for this

Steamed broccoli and asparagus are amazing with a steak (and kidney) pie.

54 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Never really given asparagus a fair crack of the whip if I’m honest. I’m a big fan of broccoli especially the tender stem stuff

Asparagus dipped in boiled egg is amazing. Also with grilled salmon & hollandaise.

Never really given asparagus a fair crack of the whip if I’m honest. I’m a big fan of broccoli especially the tender stem stuff
If you boil asparagus for about 30 secs, then take it out, roll it in olive oil, and fire it in a roasting hot griddle pan, you'll be a man my son.

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

If you boil asparagus for about 30 secs, then take it out, roll it in olive oil, and fire it in a roasting hot griddle pan, you'll be a man my son.

Quite like it wrapped in a sliver of parma ham or suchlike & onto the griddle pan.

Salty slevers