Nom Nom Nom

12 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Mate, I’m only presenting the facts.

As part of my mates wedding celebrations, we went to Naples for his stag do. As you presumably know, the City of Naples is the spiritual, ancestral and cultural home of pizza. Prior to the evenings drinking we attended a pizzeria, of which not one single pizza contained mango. Its not exactly out there to suggest that a city steeped in centuries of pizza making perfection, know more about them than a midget from Larbert with almost a whole month experience with a propane stove he got off amazon.

public-news-old-9794-master.little_chef_

14 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

As part of my mates wedding celebrations, we went to Naples for his stag do. As you presumably know, the City of Naples is the spiritual, ancestral and cultural home of pizza. Prior to the evenings drinking we attended a pizzeria, of which not one single pizza contained mango. Its not exactly out there to suggest that a city steeped in centuries of pizza making perfection, know more about them than a midget from Larbert with almost a whole month experience with a propane stove he got off amazon.

😂😂😂😂

Sake

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

An absolutely glorious, crushing put down.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, iloveeat said:
I recently found a site where you can find a recipe for dinner. I really liked the recipe that is on this page.
pizza lasagna

I think you will like it too.

pizza_47_0.jpg?itok=E0E0NjTl&key=b566670a2ea6d79ec7be5a8543d0d2736769ddb0cde706bf163902fbf2fa50ed

Will it go in a pizza oven mate aye?

Doff my cap to Bairn. Mango aside, it's good to see people bothering their arses to cook at home.

After the multi thread skelping I am getting over this mango business, where does P&B stand on fruit as a savoury ingredient as a whole?

I ask this, as I remain convinced that I am right and you all are wrong.

Fruit is a perfectly legitimate ingredient in a savoury dish as long as you know what you are doing and it compliments the other stuff.

Some classic fruit containing savoury dishes..... Duck with plum/cherry/orange, Sole Veronique, Plantain used extensively in Caribbean cooking, Waldorf Salad, Pork and apple, Mango chutney, Parma ham and melon, cranberry sauce with christmas dinner, cranberry with brie, blue cheese with grapes on a cheeseboard

Lemon and lime both used extensively all over the world. Pomegranate is often used in North African dishes aswell as prunes, apricots etc

Other examples of sweetness in dishes include chocolate often used with rich game meats and also in Mexican cooking, honey which finds its way into numerous dishes.  Coconut (flesh, milk and cream)

The above are just the examples that came to the top of my head. Writing off fruit in savoury dishes shows a lack of understanding of flavour IMHO. 

COME. AT. ME.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Some classic fruit containing savoury dishes..... Duck with plum/cherry/orange, Sole Veronique, Plantain used extensively in Caribbean cooking, Waldorf Salad, Pork and apple, Mango chutney, Parma ham and melon, cranberry sauce with christmas dinner, cranberry with brie, blue cheese with grapes on a cheeseboard

Lemon and lime both used extensively all over the world. Pomegranate is often used in North African dishes aswell as prunes, apricots etc

Other examples of sweetness in dishes include chocolate often used with rich game meats and also in Mexican cooking, honey which finds its way into numerous dishes.  Coconut (flesh, milk and cream)

The above are just the examples that came to the top of my head. Writing off fruit in savoury dishes shows a lack of understanding of flavour IMHO. 

COME. AT. ME.

+1 for pomegranate. Chucked through a bit of couscous. 

A bit of lime mixed in with honey as a dressing for halloumi or stirred through mayonnaise as a dip for sweet potato chips.

M&S tinned food was pretty much all I got as a kid and we always had peach slices on curry. 

COME. AT. ME.

Aye. Just not on pizza my friend

Homemade jakey pizza. Tortilla topped with tuna, beans, smoked sausage, oregano and garlic salt then absolutely smothered in 'mozzarella aternative'. 
[emoji20]

You are lucky that the falkirk fan put a picture of his pizza with fruit up as that took the attention away.

That is a fucking disgrace and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

COME. AT. ME.

Fruit and savoury are amazing. No question.  Just doesn't belong on a pizza.

17 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Fruit and savoury are amazing. No question.  Just doesn't belong on a pizza.

Cheese ice-cream and cheese in fruit salad are a thing here in the Philippines - not cream cheese, actual lumps .

It's no surprise that Filipino cuisine is not amongst the most popular in the world!