Nom Nom Nom

24 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Went to the new Tom Kitchin place in Gullane. Very nice but my monkfish wrapped in pancetta was £32! And that was before sides.

Standards are slipping - the on-trend way to serve fish is wrapped in a paper towel it would seem.

I think they’d used them all up as Mrs sloshed a pot of tea over the place. 

Do you think she’s secretly drinking because she’s fed up of you and your Buddhist monk lifestyle? Yeah, she probably isn’t I mean, but just, y’know, you wouldn’t blame her..? Not really? But she isn’t, probably.

1 hour ago, spud131 said:
5 hours ago, Silverton End said:
Pretty warm today, couldn't be arsed cooking so just stood sweating in the Chip Shop queue instead.

20190713_074735.thumb.jpg.d242564606c0b18c15c7bb329c87ea62.jpg

Who serves fish and chips on a paper towel?

Transferred onto kitchen roll to absorb any excess oil upon arrival at home.

Fucking philistine

I got given this old plate, which I think is from the 80s, for nonother reason than Pizza is my current obsession. Its got a recipe on it.

This is precisely why British people are utter fucking heathens when it comes to food.... Look at the bit for pizza dough....

Fucking state of that20190730_155339.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Looks a decent investment 👍

If I say so myself, I did a good job on the dough. The thing now is trial and error with toppings. For example, it seems fresh mozzarella leeches a lot of water when it cooks. Need to get that ironed out somehow. Its going to be an adventure for which I will have to pay with serious exercise....

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If I say so myself, I did a good job on the dough. The thing now is trial and error with toppings. For example, it seems fresh mozzarella leeches a lot of water when it cooks. Need to get that ironed out somehow. Its going to be an adventure for which I will have to pay with serious exercise....

Cut your mozzarella before hand and leave it out the fridge for a while before you intend on using it (max 4 hours) or use the cubed fresh mozzarella that you get next to the balled version.

Updates of the best toppings would be welcome.

Cut your mozzarella before hand and leave it out the fridge for a while before you intend on using it (max 4 hours) or use the cubed fresh mozzarella that you get next to the balled version.
Updates of the best toppings would be welcome.
Can do mate. That one was mozzarella, prawns and green pesto. Tasted great but too much wetness. Will try your method.

Mrs B had mozzarella, salami and some feta. It was also good. The bread itself was start of the show tbh, as the case normally with proper stone baked pizza.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I got given this old plate, which I think is from the 80s, for nonother reason than Pizza is my current obsession. Its got a recipe on it.

This is precisely why British people are utter fucking heathens when it comes to food.... Look at the bit for pizza dough....

Fucking state of that20190730_155339.jpeg

I’ve never made a pizza before, so what is so bad about the dough bit? Wrong ingredients, or the ridiculously specific measurements?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can do mate. That one was mozzarella, prawns and green pesto. Tasted great but too much wetness. Will try your method.

Mrs B had mozzarella, salami and some feta. It was also good. The bread itself was start of the show tbh, as the case normally with proper stone baked pizza.

Did you make your own dough? Was it similar to bread dough? 

You could try and MSG OUT pizza

Mozzarella, Sausage, Green Olives, Urchin and Tarragon.