Nom Nom Nom

11 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Not been on this thread for a while, that looks magnificent. I’m fucking hungry now! Did you use a crepe to stop the pastry going soggy? Also how long did you cook the fillet before wrapping & after wrapping?

Yeah I used prosciutto to keep the mushrooms away from the pastry.  I cooked the fillet for just about 45 minutes, was slightly less than 1000 grams of beef.  Could possibly have done with being in for slightly longer as was very red in the middle of the joint, but we both love rare meat, so wasn't too much of an issue.

Absolutely outstanding if I don't say so myself.

Was cola ham this Sunday, had folk round so it was a bit of a monster-sized bit.Ham.JPG.8a7bcabdb83cd87c94f21fa4e69b4f9c.JPG

That looks very decent but... On a health kick so you make a pizza?! 
Low fat cheddar, and a pizza base from aldi. If I'd got the equivalent from a takeaway, my guts would be sore already, but it wasn't heavy at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

as far as ready made meals go, this is the best one I have ever had the pleasure of making its acquaintance.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/healthier-options/asda-good-balanced-chicken-pesto-penne/1000082697688 

ETA- I also added some cucumber, spices etc. 

Edited by sick boy

Ramen.IMG_20190406_183344.thumb.jpg.d631b9f3aa73b25bf4b3d57d321abb31.jpg
Since I has asked you about it before...

I made Ramen the other night finally. Had steak and prawns and some pak choi in it. It started life as a kit, and so the broth was flavoured only with miso paste and seseame oil as provided. Are there any particular misos you fomd better than others?

Il def be making it on my own next time.