Nom Nom Nom

Without totally ignoring the above post.....

Does anybody have a decent recipe for a curry.

The wife has been on Slimming World for a month or so now and I have been making their version of a tikka massala but I’m wanting to try something a bit different.
Made this a couple of weeks ago, pretty straightforward recipe, not very spicy but tastes delicious.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/jools-easy-chicken-curry/

Without totally ignoring the above post.....

Does anybody have a decent recipe for a curry.

The wife has been on Slimming World for a month or so now and I have been making their version of a tikka massala but I’m wanting to try something a bit different.
I done the slimming world for about 7-8 months.
If you fancy a curry a bit sweeter for a change, try the Chicken Tikka Chasni (low syn version).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/myflabulousjourney.com/2017/02/02/slimming-world-chicken-chasni/amp/

• 2 weeks later...

Shop down the road has been getting stuff in from Thomas Marshall butchers in Johnstone. 2 mince pies on rolls with brown sauce for lunch today. Enjoyed too much for photos.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Broth:

Boil about 1 litre of chicken stock with chopped vegetables of your choice then turn it down to a simmer, add a glug of mirin and dark soy sauce and a teaspoon of miso paste, stir it up. Taste it and add more soy or salt till it's about right.

Egg:

Boil for 7 minutes then put in a bowl of cold water. Hard boiled whites/slightly runny yolk perfection. You can do this first before turning the water into broth to save on washing up. Shell and slice right before serving.

Topping:

Go crazy, that was duck breast but chicken, pork, beef, fish or veg only all work fine. I sliced the meat and fried it separately then cooked some garlic and spring onion in the fat and chucked it all into the broth, fat and all. I like to add something green and leafy like cabbage or spinach, and something blanched like purple broccoli or sliced peppers.

Noodles:

Dried are fine, I like the soft ones from the Asian aisle as they cook faster. Chuck them into the broth just before serving, 2-3 minutes is usually enough for the soft ones, about 200g soft per person.

Add some light soy sauce, parsley/other herbs on top, if you're feeling fancy, crisping up the skin of whatever meat you used and crumbling it over the top adds some nice texture and flavour.

Much obliged sir. 

IMG_0611.jpg

Home made Beef Wellington with an Aberdeen Angus fillet. Layered the fillet with finely chopped chestnut mushrooms and prosciutto. Served with home made roast potatoes and usual Sunday lunch vegetables.

• 1 month later...
IMG_0611.thumb.jpg.ef5b03476b7380779dc27ff4b839b339.jpg

Home made Beef Wellington with an Aberdeen Angus fillet. Layered the fillet with finely chopped chestnut mushrooms and prosciutto. Served with home made roast potatoes and usual Sunday lunch vegetables.

Not been on this thread for a while, that looks magnificent. I’m fucking hungry now! Did you use a crepe to stop the pastry going soggy? Also how long did you cook the fillet before wrapping & after wrapping?

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

If it’s tempura then by definition it can’t be sushi.

Though I do like how you used tempura as a verb.

Well you do the semantics and il tan the battered sushi... Temaki in Glasgow FYI