Nom Nom Nom

9 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Had smashing grub from miller and carter tonight. For a chain restaurant they are really very good.

We've been to the one up the road from us in Newton Mearns a few times now.  Food is always really nice and it's pretty reasonable price wise as well. 

On 12/03/2019 at 14:44, spud131 said:
On 10/03/2019 at 19:47, philpy said:
Made pulled pork earlier, and had a good bit leftover, so I used some wraps to make "pasties' IMG_20190310_193228.thumb.jpg.c2d9d1c91c9ea00db87ac3f896f836c0.jpg

Any special tips or tricks or just fold them over, crimp them and fire them in the oven?

Just fold them and use a beaten egg to brush over just the top (or you won't get them off the tray, I'm an idiot and learnt the hard way) then just use the fork to 'crimp'. 

Along similar lines I just made council pizzas. Tortilla wrap base, wee tin of beans, some chopped up fried bacon and a handful of grated mature. Salt and chilli flakes. Wonderful gadgie tea. 

Made this tonight.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/food/recipes/tangerine_beef_61872/amp

Very very good. Served with coconut rice (out a packet im afraid)

If anyone making it I would suggest maybe a wee bit more tangerine juice in the sauce to make it a bit wetter (I halfed quantities for two folk) and also a wee squeeze of honey. It could have been a tiny bit sweeter.

Would make again.

Threw together a pretty decent curry last night.

Chicken breast, onions, garlic, ginger, peeled tomatoes, cumin, garam masala, chili powder, tumeric, coriander paste, coconut milk and tandoori paste. Served with fresh chopped coriander, white rice and garlic naan.

Washed down with a nice Suntory premium malts :)

Have made far worse following recipes and even in curry houses to be fair. Will definitely make again.

Edited by sjc

Without totally ignoring the above post.....

Does anybody have a decent recipe for a curry.

The wife has been on Slimming World for a month or so now and I have been making their version of a tikka massala but I’m wanting to try something a bit different.

16 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The wife has been on Slimming World for a month or so now and I have been making their version of a tikka massala but I’m wanting to try something a bit different.

5c8da161f289c_giphy(1).gif.8066dcb9c897776e911ac5e5b81296eb.gif

Edited by sjc

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I've made curry from scratch before a fair few times but reckon a decent jar of curry sauce with some additions is as good if not better.  Certainly easier.

For today's egg-chasing curry:

4 Neck of lamb fillets.  About half a kilo
A jar of Tesco Finest jalfrezi sauce
Half a tin of chopped tomatoes
A tin of chick peas
A chicken 'stock pot' thing
A herb 'stock pot' thing

Sear the lamb neck fillets so they have a bit of a crust.  Slice them in to 'bite sized pieces' and add everything together in a casserole and let it bubble (slowly) away for about 3 hours.

You will enjoy it.

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've made curry from scratch before a fair few times but reckon a decent jar of curry sauce with some additions is as good if not better.  Certainly easier.

For today's egg-chasing curry:

4 Neck of lamb fillets.  About half a kilo
A jar of Tesco Finest jalfrezi sauce
Half a tin of chopped tomatoes
A tin of chick peas
A chicken 'stock pot' thing
A herb 'stock pot' thing

Sear the lamb neck fillets so they have a bit of a crust.  Slice them in to 'bite sized pieces' and add everything together in a casserole and let it bubble (slowly) away for about 3 hours.

You will enjoy it.

I tend to agree, although I keep meaning to try following one of the Balti house recipes from YouTube

Edited by sjc

30 minutes ago, sjc said:

I tend to agree, although I keep meaning to try following one of the Balti house recipes from YouTube

I did that for years and, of course, it's better.  Is it an hour's prep time vs 10 mins prep time better?  Only if you have guests.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I did that for years and, of course, it's better.  Is it an hour's prep time vs 10 mins prep time better?  Only if you have guests.

I know what you mean. I don't mind taking the time to cook to be honest, it's getting hold of certain ingredients here that's the issue for me. Back in the UK, if I fancied a curry I'd go out for one, over here the curry houses aren't that great. Which creates the dilemma.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12798/chicken-tikka-masala

That one is good but be sure to make your own curry paste too (wee bit for that is on there too) makes all the difference.

I prefer it with Lamb to hen tbh