Nom Nom Nom

On 21/01/2019 at 19:46, MixuFixit said:

That one's just ~300g flour, 200ml water, salt, dried yeast. I don't really weigh things out anymore and just sort of guesstimate and fix it as I go to get the kind of dough I'm after. Previous ones in the thread have all been sourdoughs, but my starter culture got infected with some undesirable fungus, so I need to get another one going.

Key thing that sets it apart and gets it really crusty is to bake it in a cast iron pot with the lid on, this simulates the steam effect you'd get in a proper Viennese injection oven, by keeping the moisture let off from the dough during baking in close contact with the loaf, inside the pot. I've always struggled to get bread to split along the slashes and get that crackly glazed crust, that's what this method does.

That's cracking knowledge about the Dutch Oven and steam to form the crust. You sure you aren't a trained baker?

Could turn that loaf into Tiger Bread by making a paste from rice flour, sesame oil, salt, sugar, water, & yeast. Just cake it on top before the final prove.

1 hour ago, supermik said:

Fish supper (again). 

At my age it’s better than sex!

Had a fish supper and a single half pizza (mushroom) last night then went to Berties tonight but couldn’t face more fried stuff so had haggis, neeps and tatties. 

Quite a bit of nookie too and I’d say that of the weekend fare so far the pizza and the morning session were on a par.

Parents evening tomorrow night which means a massive amount of vegetable curry is going in the slow cooker tonight. Might be spreading the sauce a bit thin but put a fair bit of spinach in as well so when that reduces down it should hopefully be ok.

Been a while since I made curry from scratch, sauce is a bit nippy.