Nom Nom Nom

On 03/11/2018 at 17:29, Bairnardo said:

Going to order a takeaway. Just myself so whatever I want.... But what.

What did you go for? I am currently debating Gulnar or Sanam for tonight's banquet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just made a soup that's gone into my top 3 soups. It's a version of caldo Verde, a Portuguese cabbage soup.

Spring greens (not pre cut)

1lb potatoes peeled and finely chopped

1 onion diced

2-3 cloves garlic

Chorizo sliced

Can of callini beans

1.5l chicken stock

Fry the chorizo in some oil for a while to get some colour on it and release the oil. Once done, remove it for later. Fry the onions potato and garlic in the chorizo oil for 5 to 10 mins until tender. Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer.

Remove the hard stalks from the spring greens, then take a few leaves at a time and  roll them up like a cigar and finely slice. Boils th is in a separate pan for 1 min then rinse with cold water.

Once the potatoes are cooked, take about half the soup mixture and blend until smooth. Add this back with the rest of the soup.

Rinse the beans and add them to the soup along with cabbage and chorizo and simmer until it's ready.

Serve with some nice sourdough bread.

Edited by Tamdunk

As if Edinburgh wasn't already a paragon of good taste and virtue, we now have a 300 seater chippy.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/inspire-me/food-and-drink/bertie-s-in-edinburgh-first-look-inside-scotland-s-biggest-chippy-1-4842381?page=2 

https://www.bertiesfishandchips.com/Berties ALC 1.2-for web.pdf 

No battered mushrooms though [mention=70922]Melanius Mullarkey[/mention]

Is the whole point of getting a fish supper not that you eat it outside, on the go or at home? Screw Bertie and his corporate ilk.

1 hour ago, A96 said:

Look fine .......but how much is that setting you back ?........ and what scope is there for filling a tupperware box to take away ?

I think it’s about £33 quid a head. Worth it for the top quality white tea alone. That stuff is like a top drawer narcotic.