Nom Nom Nom

Spaghetti carbonara. Instead of a jar of sauce, mix 4 eggs with fromaige frais and a tablespoon of parmesan, the heat thickens the egg mixture and is just as good (and healthier) . IMG_20181027_203721.thumb.jpg.bd05c1faeb13ec4e9ea1919122cfb4b2.jpg
You mean make it properly (almost) instead of use a jar?

Jarred Carbonara is one of the very worst imitation products going.

Anyway following a recent holiday in Italy I have been pursuing the perfect carbonara. I posted a while back I used a spot of cream in it for the kids. That has been binned now. Eggs, parmesan and bacoj till I can find guanciale

Try a ladle of the pasta water in there too - makes it silky.
Cheers. I'll mind that for the next one. We never use jars for sauces anymore. There's something more satisfying about buying the ingredients and Cooking from scratch rather than being lazy.

Or transfer the pasta from the water directly to the sauce using tongs, without draining the pasta. 
Also try cooking the last few minutes of the pasta in the sauce.
This.

The mans a cock, but I picked up that wee tip from that w@nker Oliver on his 5 ingredients programme.

Makes all the difference.

This.

The mans a cock, but I picked up that wee tip from that w@nker Oliver on his 5 ingredients programme.

Aye. If you use egg yolks only the sauce binds up immediately. The starch in the water seems to prevent it from going runny and instead makes it quite silky.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
53 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
This.

Aye. If you use egg yolks only the sauce binds up immediately. The starch in the water seems to prevent it from going runny and instead makes it quite silky.

And then this for dessert so nothing goes to waste.

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/french/meringues

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
This.

Always use the yolks only. Run the risk of ending up scrambled eggy whites otherwise.

Bit of a b*****dised version, but try chorizo and manchego. Surprisingly good alternative.