Nom Nom Nom

56 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

KFC....

Anyone ever tried to make their own? 

There's just about a million methods/recipes on Youtube all claiming to replicate the original KFC taste. most of which have extremely varied reviews making it difficult to know who to believe.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that's had any success making their own. Also while on the subject I don't think the genuine article on sale now in the KFC shops is half as tasty as it used to be.

I make Korean crispy chicken quite often which is a lot better than KFC but does require the chicken to have an overnight soaking in buttermilk. I make the gravy from a recipe that I got off the internet which does taste like KFC gravy, surprisingly.

17 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

I make Korean crispy chicken quite often which is a lot better than KFC but does require the chicken to have an overnight soaking in buttermilk. I make the gravy from a recipe that I got off the internet which does taste like KFC gravy, surprisingly.

Do you use Gochugaru powder? Never seen it in supermarkets.

27 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

Cheers Guv, that's got me thinking. 

I like the look of this one - the chicken looks good too :

10 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Heard the Cornflakes method, but that's a new one.

Serg has some peculiar ideas regards haute cuisine.

His idea of a gourmet dish is to substitute milk with Guiness for his cornflakes in the morning.

:)

27 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

What do you season the egg with - apart from salt and pepper?

No flour, paprika, oregano, garlic granules or chili powder?

Nothing. It doesn’t make KFC , but it's good. Certainly better than it sounds. Adding more chilli or garlic can't go wrong.

7 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Like I said. Never seen it in supermarkets. I'm well aware of extortionate online suppliers.

f**k's sake - i'll try reading all of a post rather than just two or three words next time :unsure:

waitrose do it in paste form, if that's any good....

26 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

f**k's sake - i'll try reading all of a post rather than just two or three words next time :unsure:

waitrose do it in paste form, if that's any good....

That's gochujang, not gochugaru.

43 minutes ago, philpy said:

Spaghetti carbonara. Instead of a jar of sauce, mix 4 eggs with fromaige frais and a tablespoon of parmesan, the heat thickens the egg mixture and is just as good (and healthier) . IMG_20181027_203721.jpg

No guanciale or pecorino romano?