Camera Showoff - Assignment added!

Re the Red Arrows photos. They're not bad. Anyway, I never got the chance. :( The Red Arrows never appeared, I'm thinking they might have been cancelled as a mark of respect due to that Tornado crash. They were at the Perth Air Show not long ago and some people took some excellent pics. I have attached one I took not long ago of two Virgin hot air balloons over Perth, you can actually make out half a dozen folk in each basket. I used the full 12x zoom and cropped out most of the sky. They were a hell of a close to colliding!

post-864-1246772520_thumb.jpg

You see one balloon on its own all the time around here, but that's the only time I've seen the two.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone on this thread recommend a £50 ish digital camera I can buy my maw for her birthday. She will hardly ever use it, isnt into technology and knows f**k all about it. But alas I dont know much about it, any deals any of you photograph phans know of anywhere online?

Oh and I suppose I better put you a picture I've taken here as well so here goes...

post-14684-1246909469_thumb.jpg

Can anyone on this thread recommend a £50 ish digital camera I can buy my maw for her birthday. She will hardly ever use it, isnt into technology and knows f**k all about it. But alas I dont know much about it, any deals any of you photograph phans know of anywhere online?

Oh and I suppose I better put you a picture I've taken here as well so here goes...

There are 47 cameras on Kelkoo in the price range £40-£70. If you see one you think might be ideal check the reviews on a site like DP Review.

Really good pics, Swarley - the 2nd and 4th particularly. :)

Thanks Reina, do you mean of the planes or on Flickr?

I really like this photograph taken of the Capitol Building in Washington DC. No fancy cameras, just the one on my phone.

Took loads of photos in Washington last July, the tower on on Flickr is actually the Washington Monument. Wasn't allowed to take any whilst on the White House tour. :(

Are those of Budapest?

There are but they were taken with a poorer camera.

I didnt want to take my good one with me at the time.

P1040326.jpg

P1040327.jpg

P1040329.jpg

P1040331.jpg

P1040337.jpg

I had to take them in 'Night mode' and didn't have a tripod so had to use walls etc to try and hold the camera steady.

I didn't get it perfect so there's slight blurring on some of them.

I'm not a photographer even as a hobby but I've always liked this one of my parent's dog that i took after he sat on a chair with his head on the dinner table:

n1045869832_220225_2501.jpg

There are but they were taken with a poorer camera.

I didnt want to take my good one with me at the time.

I recognised the church, I went to my cousin's wedding in there a few weeks ago.

The other one looks like Franz Listz Ter

Any advice for a wannabe photographer / future papparazo? :lol:

Determine how serious you want to do it (occasional hobby, or more) and then read. I read reviews and other forums for about 2 months before buying my DSLR.

After you have got a camera, get out and take photo's, read up on techniques and then get out and take some more photos.

Determine how serious you want to do it (occasional hobby, or more) and then read. I read reviews and other forums for about 2 months before buying my DSLR.

After you have got a camera, get out and take photo's, read up on techniques and then get out and take some more photos.

After doing the reading the best advice I can give is to get yourself into a camera shop and try handling the camera. See how it feels in your hands, location of buttons etc. When I got mine a couple of years ago I didn't like some of the entry level dslrs as they felt too light and were a bit small for me. I went with the Canon 30D - yes it was heavier than the others, but the weight of the body and position of the controls suited me more than some of the others. I also had the advantage of having a friend with the same camera - opening up the possibility of borrowing lenses etc.

Also just joined the flickr group - will get some photos added when I get a chance.

When I got my 400D I didn't like it at first because it just felt a little too light weight and as a result I found the camera moved too easily while taking a snap. Thankfully - I also found that the battery life on just one battery wasn't great so I bought the battery holder grip (holds two batteries while powering the camera) sorts out the weight and the balance of the camera perfectly!

Archived