Camera Showoff - Assignment added!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to bump this thread up ...

Nice where is this from?

Been quite enjoying posting through blipfoto - I gave up on the image a day things early in the month as it was already becoming quite tedious but trying to use it more as a photo diary.

A lot of cracking images and stories on there

This one was highlighted this morning

12368724214f1f3c292a1e34.60432166.jpeg

As Seen by me's blipfoto

Northern Lights over Edinburgh

• 3 months later...

I took this one at Pennan (including Local Hero phone box) a couple of weeks ago with my wee Panasonic Lumix TZ20. Where I have been struggling with it is with dark interior shots, concert type scenarios, if anyone has got a Lumix they might kindly point me in the right direction, settings wise, cheers.

51c0231d.jpg

• 1 year later...

Bump.

Missus got me a Nikon D3200 with a 18/55 SI lens. Looking to just take some nice photos for our wee girl and some arty-farty landscapes and such like. Just been spending the past few days playing with it with no real exciting results yet. A couple of nice snaps only taken in Auto mode.

Thinking about getting a 55-300 SI lens for some decent landscapes and action shots and looking for somewhere to share my results.

Bump.

Missus got me a Nikon D3200 with a 18/55 SI lens. Looking to just take some nice photos for our wee girl and some arty-farty landscapes and such like. Just been spending the past few days playing with it with no real exciting results yet. A couple of nice snaps only taken in Auto mode.

Thinking about getting a 55-300 SI lens for some decent landscapes and action shots and looking for somewhere to share my results.

Plenty sites on the web to share. Flicr is probably the best known and there are groups of all sorts on there.

Bump.

That's what i've got. Cracking wee SLR. Depending on your budget, I'd consider Sigma's 18-250mm superzoom which is available in a Nikon AFS fitment. You can get one on Amazon for £340-odd quid. It's not too heavy, produces quality images and gives you great variety as it can operate as a reasonable macro lens as well as a good range.

Other useful purchases are a tripod (you can get a decent one for £40-50) and a remote control shutter release. Combine those with a ND filter and you'll be able to shoot blurry-effect water type shots in daylight and (with a standard filter) light trails etc at night.

Just getting to grips with it tbh but it does seem like an excellent bit of kit. Going to sound daft but I like the feel of it in my hands. Tried a couple of Canon SLRs and they felt cumbersome.

Just been taking some pictures of the wee one the now and doing a wee bit of editing. I do have a few ideas I want to try out too. Thanks for the tips Jupe.

Just getting to grips with it tbh but it does seem like an excellent bit of kit. Going to sound daft but I like the feel of it in my hands. Tried a couple of Canon SLRs and they felt cumbersome.

Just been taking some pictures of the wee one the now and doing a wee bit of editing. I do have a few ideas I want to try out too. Thanks for the tips Jupe.

Tbh that was the same reason I chose it over the Canon 600d. My bird's well into her photography so I learned a lot from her. It's braw once you get used to the camera.

Seeing this thread pop back up made me look back on what I've taken this year, again it was all sport based photo's and I didn't get out as much as I wanted. In saying that got a few nice one for my efforts

1. Highland Wildcats vs Leeds Bobcats. First season doing the full sized Junior setup, big step for the boys, but handled well.

8856839176_2045e967e9_z.jpg

2. Guy Martin Powering out of Governors Dip in the Isle of Man TT

9043509488_d253dce564_z.jpg

3. Josh Brookes, fastest newcomer to the TT, scarly fast for a newbie to road racing

9051485247_65a7755c91_z.jpg

4. Douglas Beach Race......well it's not all sunbathing and BBQ's

9065836735_820c6c1986_z.jpg

5. Red Arrows doing what they do best......fly ridiculously close to each other.

9065934257_98183fae6b_z.jpg

6. Highland Wildcats Youth team on there way to winning the Scottish Conference.

9175580894_25d652ecb4_z.jpg

Hoping to get out more, even if it's more Shinty/Football just need to be taking photos again.

Archived