Camera Showoff - Assignment added!

Sorry for hogging this lately with pish photos, but here's a few night shots of Dundee from the Law. Some of them are really amazing when you zoom in. I'm going to go up during the day and get some day shots of the City, hopefully with better results. I'm still learning to use my camera and the ISO and what not, (Can someone explain what exactly this feature is used for?) so hopefully with time, I can create some more professional shots, even though these shots are manly for fun and experimental purposes. I particularly want one of the monument up there - is it a war memorial? Christ, I live down the road from it and don't even know what the history is behind it! Anyway, it's a great feature and I'd quite like to get a good capture of that.

IMG_0024.jpg

Like the Tay Bridge on this one; it's like a glow worm...

IMG_0033.jpg

Next one is in a different format, although I can't remember which one. Is more of a distant shot not unlike the view from a plane, I don't think...

IMG_0034.jpg

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for hogging this lately with pish photos, but here's a few night shots of Dundee from the Law. Some of them are really amazing when you zoom in. I'm going to go up during the day and get some day shots of the City, hopefully with better results. I'm still learning to use my camera and the ISO and what not, (Can someone explain what exactly this feature is used for?) so hopefully with time, I can create some more professional shots, even though these shots are manly for fun and experimental purposes. I particularly want one of the monument up there - is it a war memorial? Christ, I live down the road from it and don't even know what the history is behind it! Anyway, it's a great feature and I'd quite like to get a good capture of that.

IMG_0024.jpg

Like the Tay Bridge on this one; it's like a glow worm...

IMG_0033.jpg

Next one is in a different format, although I can't remember which one. Is more of a distant shot not unlike the view from a plane, I don't think...

IMG_0034.jpg

Nice photos. Taking a few similar ones to those, during the day are a must. Even early bells if possible, clear morning.

I tried doing that recently in high rises right next to my old house down, near on clydeside. You get an amazing view from up there, along the Clyde and right into town. Plus it's height means you can basically see the vast majority of all the other high rises in the northside and maybe half of the southside. Sadly there wasn't any areas of open spaces (balcony areas/windows etc) for me to even personally see the view.

Nice photos. Taking a few similar ones to those, during the day are a must. Even early bells if possible, clear morning.

I tried doing that recently in high rises right next to my old house down, near on clydeside. You get an amazing view from up there, along the Clyde and right into town. Plus it's height means you can basically see the vast majority of all the other high rises in the northside and maybe half of the southside. Sadly there wasn't any areas of open spaces (balcony areas/windows etc) for me to even personally see the view.

Cheers mate. Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm going to have to go up during a nice crisp day and get some shots. 

On a side note, where's the camera spirit in here? Get the camera out people. This is an exciting thread!

Completely forgot about this thread, some great shots since i last read it. Heres a couple of my latest creations!

Used the same girl for both shots giving her a completely different look. I really wanted to get the syringe sharp whilst having her out of focus but it was so cold she couldnt hold the thing still.

This first shot was taken inside a crypt.

pval_111.jpg

this is the failed shot as theres motion blur on the syringe. still kept it though as it was the best i got trying that shot.

pval_110.jpg

and another on the same theme.........

pval_112.jpg

Don't know if anyone here uses it but I've found Blipfpoto.com recently and think it's a great concept. Everyone seems to use it in their own way. Some really good and some really bad pictures/blogs/stories. And it's a Scottish idea. :-D

Growl3th

Havent heard of it. i have loads of stuff on disc etc and should get round to uploading them somewhere. i will check it out. btw, the link to your profile doesnt appear to be working?

ive had a quick look over that blipfhoto website and they only allow you to upload a photo if you had taken it that day. Thats going to lead to an awful lot of crap images if members attempt to upload a pic a day.

Ah but you don't have to upload everyday (I've tried but failed). And yes there are a lot of what I would consider crap images up. Plus it's not all about the photos for everyone.

Kilwinning yesterday :)

16.jpg

Nice pic. Made me feel cold so I had a flick through this summers holiday snaps, again.

China land Port Aventura. Pic was taken from a moving steam train.

Archived