Is Sex Overrated?

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Following the death of my (unofficial) father-in-law a couple of months back, it would be fair and understandable to say that my other half hasn't been in the mood of late.  Most of the time we've been at her mother's, so that's somewhat limiting anyway. Therefore, to finish off a break last week I thought that I could fork out that little bit more for the last couple of nights and go somewhere a bit more upmarket for a more romantic setting.  Big room in the turret of a castle, the big fancy mega-kingsize bed, giant bath etc etc.  In summary: somewhat pricey. 

Following a fun day out on a cloudless summers day in the countryside that had successfully suppressed the dad issue (think 'Nice Painter and His Wife' Fast Show type situations where you go to all lengths to avoid a certain subject), we came back to the hotel room with a bottle of red wine for a soak in the big tub prior to dinner.  I even wandered into the nearby village and back beforehand just to get some bubble bath for this as there was no way was I mucking this up.  Following that and getting dressed up a bit for a 'date night', we went downstairs to the restaurant and had a top-notch candle-lit dinner involving some fancy starters, sirloin steaks and some more Malbec.

Things were going very, very well, and so I suggested that we head back upstairs, to which she agreed and called the waiter over so we could settle the bill.  Well, imagine my absolute f***ing delight when the waiter said "We have a nice surprise for you!  Your mother phoned us up earlier today to say that she's paying the bill for both of you as a big thank you for all you've done to help over the past few weeks, and all the staff here are all really sorry to hear about your dad".  (see spoiler for my inner reaction at this point)

Cue a wine-supercharged emotional breakdown in the restaurant as the issue was brought straight back to the forefront, and a complete lack of action that weekend.   Never before have I been so ungratefully seething about getting a free steak and wine dinner.  

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Sorry to hear about that bit of bad news.

Spoiler

Shame about he faither-in-law as well though.

On 25/06/2009 at 18:54, Fudge said:

Shagging random slags is overrated. I just did it for the sake of it and to get a bit of an ego boost, but with your girlfriend when there is real emotion involved it's ace.

What name does this shagger come under now ? Sure here posts still just canna mind his name. Loved the big titties

• 3 years later...
12 minutes ago, Dariesse said:

Opinions on the significance of sex vary. It's a personal experience, and what matters most is the connection and communication between partners.

Best read in the voice of Jerry Springer.

How can one site be so shite at preventing robots signing up? What happened to the impenetrable traffic lights/motorcycles/zebra crossing robot detection system?

39 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

How can one site be so shite at preventing robots signing up? What happened to the impenetrable traffic lights/motorcycles/zebra crossing robot detection system?

Maybe Div's getting into AI and testing it on us.

It's not going well.