Top Gear

How many complaints to OFCOM do you think May and Clarkson will get for his Scouts/Catholic boys getting touched up comment?

I was thinking exactly the same. I thought it was a bit risque when he mentioned the scouts but when Clarkson came out with "Roman Catholic Church" I first of all laughed, then was quite shocked that he actually said it. I'm sure they'll get a few complaints because of James May saying "cock-end" before the 9 o'clock watershed as well.

Nope, I'm just a good guy, especially now that I am 18, how's the baby doing?

He's just grand thanks. Sleeping like a little angel just now. :D He's been away at his Gran's all day and his Grandad just brought him back before bedtime, so we've been able to recover from last night in peace!

My word, that Ferrari was outstanding!

That Ferrari was simply a thing of beauty. It looked beautiful, it held the track magnificently, it was so powerful, it was just a wonderful, wonderful car in every way. Good episode, The Gray Ghost liked Hammonds wee theme tune. :D

That Ferrari was simply a thing of beauty. It looked beautiful, it held the track magnificently, it was so powerful, it was just a wonderful, wonderful car in every way. Good episode, The Gray Ghost liked Hammonds wee theme tune. :D

:huh:

Do you sincerely think so?

Looked more like a cross between something a primary school kid would draw and Hasselhoff's Kitt car to me. And for a million quid, could they not have designed in somewherer to tuck the winscreen wiper away instead of having it right in the middle of the windscreen, or for that matter, just do away with it, given the type of use the car is going to have!

Obscene waste of money - the car and the show.

More of the same old boring same old for this series it seems!

:huh:

Do you sincerely think so?

Yes! It looked like super cars should the sort of cars you dream of owning as a kid. Looking at it, even when in the studio it looked menacing and fast, and your Kitt car is not a bad comparison. For the money paid, you want something absurd and jaw dropping, not a sensible family saloon. It was beautiful.

More of the same old boring same old for this series it seems!

And yet every series you continue to watch it. Presumably you turn it on every week hoping for the latest diesel hatchback reviews?

Pfffft, what nonsense. What do you want!? A test drive of a Fiat Uno?

Naw! I'll leave that for the plethora of boy racers around your patch!

All I want is the show to have a less contrived feel about it - especially the "comedy" bits which are becoming increasingly cringeworthy!

All I want is the show to have a less contrived feel about it - especially the "comedy" bits which are becoming increasingly cringeworthy!

But thats what it is! Its an entertainment programme, and probably one of the most profitable programmes the BBC have ever made. You know they've sold the format to countries all over the world, they sell the UK episodes everywhere, and there is even a live tour. Its absurd to call it a waste of money.

Again, why watch it? Its obviously not your sort of programme, and yet you comment after every episode of it?

[

And yet every series you continue to watch it. Presumably you turn it on every week hoping for the latest diesel hatchback reviews?

Nope, I switch it on every week in the hope that I might glean something useful from it and to give me something to come on here and moan about when nothing changes!

And yes, a serious piece of road testing of cars that Joe Public can afford would be useful. 5th Gear can do it, why not Top Gear?

And yes, a serious piece of road testing of cars that Joe Public can afford would be useful. 5th Gear can do it, why not Top Gear?

Because they are different types of shows. Why would you want two identical car shows out there? 5th Gear does the dull average everyday stuff, and thats what some people like. However Top Gear is about entertainment, comedy, inspirational cars, adventure. Its a completely different (and enormously popular) show.

Have a wee check of the viewing figures for Top Gear, and then check Fifth Gear. Check the presenters bank balances while you're at it.

I imagine Top Gear is doing somrthing right.

5th Gear is turgid shit. If you want a car review then go buy What Car? or Autoexpress. Or visit a multitude of car websites. Top Gear is entertainment. End of. It's not meant to be taken seriously.