Top Gear

27 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
7 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
Really good tribute to Colin McRae on this weeks episode. He really was fearless.

Him and Richard Burns single handedly elevated my beloved Imprezzas to cult status.

That had me looking up old Imprezas on Autotrader. Then I watched the latest Harry’s Garage and started looking up original Audi Quartros.

2 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Herbie goes bananas is on Netflix. Careful now.

I've a couple of family members that are/were into Beetles, VW Camper vans etc but they're a bit slow for me (the relatives and the cars!). 

A bit o/t but the new Jim Clark museum opens this month in Duns. There was a really good bit on him on the Grand Tour. 

I've a couple of family members that are/were into Beetles, VW Camper vans etc but they're a bit slow for me (the relatives and the cars!). 
A bit o/t but the new Jim Clark museum opens this month in Duns. There was a really good bit on him on the Grand Tour. 

Saw that a very emotional piece. JC and Ken Miles are the racing drivers cult heroes.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Watching a bit of the Nepal special.  This is the first time I've seen one with the new presenters.  I fucking detest Flintoff and Peter Kay's mate, but, despite this, I find myself really enjoying this. 

It's been pretty decent since they joined the show. 

12 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Watching a bit of the Nepal special.  This is the first time I've seen one with the new presenters.  I fucking detest Flintoff and Peter Kay's mate, but, despite this, I find myself really enjoying this. 

The last series was far better, found it unwatchable before. Flintoff teabagging Harris was a particular low point in the previous series, he's actually coming over as the sanist of the three now.

Edited by welshbairn

• 2 weeks later...

If you liked the Colin McCrae tribute, the latest Chris Harris Podcast (Collecting Cars) is a three and a half hour chat with co-driver Nicky Grist. I think they must have recorded it just after Harris had driven the wee Subaru for Top Gear.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I caught the first two episodes and loved it. Will need to get round to watching the rest in this season. I’m a fan of Freddie. Didn’t like him as a cricketer but he’s good on the telly.

I’ve never really understood folk who claimed to dislike Flintoff. I’ve always found him very likeable. He’s just a big daft c**t that loves a carry on!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...