Top Gear

I thought I quite liked the new presenters for the first couple of episodes but it turns out I only like Matt Le Blanc and Sabine.

Sabine.  :wub:  I also thought the extra programme presenters were ok the first week but went off them the last one.

I think Evans is playing too close to the style of the old presenters and he's too excitable to be a Clarkson. Le Blanc cannot be a Hammond or a The Other One so there's no sense in him trying which is how he works while the other doesn't.

I do hope it gets better though because it's not as awful as it could have been and I am still enjoying it in part, just not as much as I did.

I think Evans is playing too close to the style of the old presenters and he's too excitable to be a Clarkson. Le Blanc cannot be a Hammond or a The Other One so there's no sense in him trying which is how he works while the other doesn't.

I do hope it gets better though because it's not as awful as it could have been and I am still enjoying it in part, just not as much as I did.

I've never liked Evans anyway, but he's been given too much responsibility as the figurehead of the new show. He looks rightfully terrified on camera, he's shite. The anchor job should have been to a boring motor journalist that nobody had heard of before, like Clarkson when he started.

Just saw a trail for this where they have chefs trying to prepare a meal in the back of cars.

Is this what it's come to?

The old show was never far away from stuff like that itself. Pretty sure I remember them cooking in the back of a caravan one episode!

Just caught up with tonight's show and it was excellent. Caught part of the old show on Dave earlier and it was just the three of the messing about and was totally set-up for all these accidents and stuff to happen. I honestly think the new show is now much better.

Just caught up with tonight's show and it was excellent. Caught part of the old show on Dave earlier and it was just the three of the messing about and was totally set-up for all these accidents and stuff to happen. I honestly think the new show is now much better.

With the absence of as many games in the Euros, I caught up on episodes 3 and 4 today. I agree. Even Evans is a bit less annoying. I really like Reid/Harris. 

Cut down the length of the celebrity bit and they're onto a winner.

Ditch Evans altogether and you've already got a great show. I think the features they are doing are great, and I really enjoy watching Matt LeBlanc.