Top Gear

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

US star Matt LeBlanc has signed a two-series deal with the BBC to continue hosting Top Gear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37470962

If the Show is to have any success, they need to cut the dead weight (basically everyone except LeBlanc) and devote their time to finding at least 1 new host who LeBlanc has or can build a rapport with. As it currently sits it has no chance. 

4 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

If the Show is to have any success, they need to cut the dead weight (basically everyone except LeBlanc) and devote their time to finding at least 1 new host who LeBlanc has or can build a rapport with. As it currently sits it has no chance. 

Is Matthew Perry doing anything these days?

9 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

I thought the other presenters apart from Evans and the Sabine were pretty good.

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Freddie Frintoff and Paddy McGuinness the new presenters for top gear. 

Jesus suffering f**k.

Clarkson and May were, at least, motoring journalists. Evans and Leblanc were celebrities with an interest in cars. Flintoff and McGuinness talking cars sounds like something that should be shown on Dave. I will not be watching this - wrong fit for the show. 

BBC bosses are so middle class they can't get their heads round the fact some people are interested in cars. They are happy to churn out shows about gardening ffs! There's so much decent content on youtube now from Harry's Garage, to carwow, Carfection, Petrolicious and loads if you prefer the more inane "yoof" stuff and posh boys in their supercars with their dim, posh friends like MrJWW or that twat Shmee. The new technology of broadcast quality cameras, editing software, drones etc means these little independent guys can churn out stuff that's in no way sub-standard to the proper tv shows.  

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I cringe through most of the episodes. Bit mean of the BBC to put it up against James May talking about train sets on BBC 4. I'm watching BBC4.

Still enjoy the show overall and think I will actually really miss MLB when Flintoff and Ding-Dang-Doo take over next year. What I’ve really found awful this series is they’ve been trying to make Chris Harris a bit of a silly, wacky character. Much preferred him just being a fairly normal bloke and an awesome driver.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Still enjoy the show overall and think I will actually really miss MLB when Flintoff and Ding-Dang-Doo take over next year. What I’ve really found awful this series is they’ve been trying to make Chris Harris a bit of a silly, wacky character. Much preferred him just being a fairly normal bloke and an awesome driver.

Totally agree. The banter is nearly all scripted on The Grand Tour as well, but the rivalry between Chris and the Friends guy is so obviously fake. The Grand Tour boys have had decades to perfect it.

PS Just watched the last episode which surprised me, but was pretty good. Chris and Rory did their stuff and Matt didn't get involved much. Maybe that was the mistake.

Edited by welshbairn

Still quite like TG and last nights actually felt like it was getting there...just as they'll change it all again!

I've heard Rory Reid won't be on the new one (or very little) and I think that's a shame as I think he's been really good at the reviews this season. Chris Harris is a great driver but it looks like it'll take a bit of a departure next season as he'll be the only 'real' auto guy. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't but i'll give it a go and might be pleasantly surprised...

• 2 months later...