Top Gear

Great advert for Ethiopia but I thought it was shite, all that forced banter again. Paddy McGuinness really gets on my tits. Maybe it's an age thing, seems I'm in a minority. Chris Harris playing the gimp again was well cringy. 

Edited by welshbairn

Great advert for Ethiopia but I thought it was shite, all that forced banter again. Paddy McGuinness really gets on my tits. Maybe it's an age thing, seems I'm in a minority. Chris Harris playing the gimp again was well cringy. 

I agree with this. The “banter” between the three all seemed to gear towards the #ladsladslads community in twitter.

The whole bit of flintoff trying to get his cock and balls on to Harris was fucking embarrassing.

As a program I wish they would steer away from the specials. Especially as that is the way the Grand Tour is going. Get some proper car reviews going for most of the episodes and have a one off caper show.

Thought it was pretty good on the whole. Very early days but looks like it could be something that the presenters grow into.

They seemed really eager and keen to impress, maybe that'll die down as it goes on.

They did a good job on bigging up Ethiopia, looked amazing and even the Ethiopian Embassy were thankful to them on Twitter for their comments.

Watched the first and second episodes of the series tonight and I really enjoyed them. Much less awful than I thought it would be, they do have a bit much on the “banter” side but at least it doesn’t ruin the show, which I though Clarkson, May and Hammond had strayed into. The show is still much more focused on the cars which is a good thing.

• 7 months later...
Watched this tonight was decent

That bungee at the end was fucking madness

I didn’t think I’d enjoy Flintoff and McGuiness hosting but really enjoyed last series and enjoyed tonight’s.

Even from the comfort of my couch those camera shots looking over the side of the dam gave me the 🤢

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got round to watching the latest incarnation, I'd been avoiding it really as I thought it would be mess but was pleasantly surprised ding dang do and Flintoff are decent 

Paddy McGuinness must be absolutely exhausting to live with. Agree with Flintoff - unlike most sports people turned presenters, he can actually read an autocue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...