Who's Going To Uni?

Guest honestrae95

I genuinely think that Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology have very little value as employable degrees.

They don't really help in the real job market in big businesses bar a handfull of HR jobs who all the management lot etc go for.

They are good academic subjects and undoubtably not easy, but in terms of employability i reckon they are a bag of shite.

This.

I genuinely think that Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology have very little value as employable degrees.

They don't really help in the real job market in big businesses bar a handfull of HR jobs who all the management lot etc go for.

They are good academic subjects and undoubtably not easy, but in terms of employability i reckon they are a bag of shite.

Psychology is ideal for HR, really.

I didn't do modern studies at all. I keep losing on this thread. :(

Our school didn't even have a modern studies option! Does this make me an even bigger loser? Or am I in fact immune from losing due to the fact that I couldn't possibly take it?

All this talk about Higher English reminds me that I best do a bit of revision for it for Monday! I hate it. Yet I'm down to do Advanced Higher next year!

In fairness though, speaking to a few teachers, they say that Advanced Higher is far more enjoyable. I guess this does all depend on whether or not I can scrape a B on Monday though.

Edited by Sooky

You should read up on vikingTON's toys out of pram moment over his Modern Studies grade in S6. I lolled.

Given I sat a crash Higher in the subject and secured a piss-easy A: swing and indeed a miss.

Vt left the thread for a few days and the thread got back on track rather nicely. He is back and it all goes to shite. Good one dick splash.

No-one is posting for your entertainment, champ.

Aye, some of the rank arrogance is just painfully cringeworthy to read.

Agreed: SweeperDee really should stop digging against his intellectually superior peers. 

Intellectually superior peers eh? :lol:

Arrogance indeed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

What was the subject you got a C in and threw a fit about, then? Was it History?

I got a C in the final exam, which was successfully appealed up to a B. Which has evidently had a devastating impact on my attainment in the field.

Thanks for playing anyway.

What was the subject you got a C in and threw a fit about, then? Was it History?

I got a C in the final exam, which was successfully appealed up to a B. Which has evidently had a devastating impact on my attainment in the field. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

I got an A, you mad bro?

I'm thinking of leaving employment next year and doing a Mechanical Engineering degree at Aberdeen or Herriot Watt. I will be 24 by that time and have 6 years industry experience (including oil and gas) however, I think starting in first year will be a good idea for me as a kind of refresher from what I done in my HNC in Mech eng when I was 18.

Does anyone have any advice? I currently earn between 35-40k a year but work shifts and know I can earn much more with a degree in Aberdeen.

Intellectually superior peers eh? :lol:

Arrogance indeed.

It depends on how you define 'arrogance': feel free to run your fingers over the words here, as this is where a good grasp of the English language comes in handy. If you define arrogance as an assumption of superiority without merit, then that's clearly your problem, not mine. If you define arrogance as an expression of superiority, then I'm more than comfortable to accept such praise.

Only in Scotland is the expression of clearly defined superiority stigmatised, and I'm not in the business of caring about it. Gutted for you.

I got an A, you mad bro?

I got a First Class Honours and a Masters with a 4.0 GPA, so... not really.

Again: gutted for you. 

You know, saying that to someone who has just finished first year doesn't mean all that much.

Unlucky. :rolleyes:

You know, saying that to someone who has just finished first year doesn't mean all that much.

You're rather upset about it, so it would appear that it does. 

Oh dear. You're not even quoting the entire post. :lol:

You would suit the Gatsby type era quite nicely.