Who's Going To Uni?

SAAS are indeed a pain in the arse to deal with at times. I find that the earlier you get the application submitted, the better. I'm going to have a shot at mine later tonight.

I had my one and only exam on the 19th, Operations and Service Management. Six questions, and we had to answer three. Two were exactly as I had hoped they would have been, and one was a bit of a mindfuck with the layout, so proceeded to write six pages on everything I knew about the topic (Supply Chain Management). The other part of the module was a 3000 word report, which I got 70% for, so really hoping that I can achieve 60% for the exam. If so, I'll be taking that module over for fourth year.

I make it just over five months that I'm off for, and as my wife is on placement for the majority of the summer, it looks like I'll be at home with the kids instead of looking for temp work. 8)

close to finishing my first year at Heriot Watt and can only have good things to say about the place, may seem far from the centre but if you're only going to be heading to town for nights out and trips home its not too much of a problem. Halls are decent patter, but undoubtedly feel like a prison cell around exam times (going by first semester experience). Overall a great place to go, and i'd recommend it to anyone. My exams are the 13th,14th and 15th of May this semester, horrific.

I go to Aberdeen. Aberdeen is undoubtably the "better" university in terms of lecturer and student quality...so for academics its great.

But for an institution for employment it is very debatable as one of RGUs strengths is basically seeing its students up on placement years at massive companies; many of which result in full-time job offers so arguable that you've got a better chance of getting a job at RGU!

It depends entirely on the subject tbf. Someone with a psychology degree from Aberdeen could spend their life searching for a well-paid or degree related job whilst someone with a geology degree can be almost guaranteed one straight away with a 2:2 or more. RGU's far more technical, hence has a higher percentage of 'useful' degrees.

Been accepted for a PGDE at Strathy (subject to me getting my degree, all of which has been handed in anyway)

Hooray!

Congrats. I'll be trying for that in a few years.

What subject? My sister's doing biology teaching there next year

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Well done. Don't listen to the negative 'there's no jobs!!!!11!!1!!' stuff. It simply isn't true.

I've heard conflicting reports for my subject, I'm hoping I'll find something though.

Congrats. I'll be trying for that in a few years.

What subject? My sister's doing biology teaching there next year

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Cheers, it's music.You know, one of those pretend subjects ;-)

Best of luck when your turn comes around!

Quick question: Do you pay interest on SAAS loans and if so how much? 

Given the non-income assessed loan amounts are going up to £4.5k next year I'm wondering how much I should take out.

The interest is the same as inflation.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Quick question: Do you pay interest on SAAS loans and if so how much?

Given the non-income assessed loan amounts are going up to £4.5k next year I'm wondering how much I should take out.

Interest accrues at the rate of inflation, so what you are actually liable to pay back is, in real terms, what you took out from the outset.

The interest is the same as inflation.

Interest accrues at the rate of inflation, so what you are actually liable to pay back is, in real terms, what you took out from the outset.

Excellent. That's what I thought but felt it was best to check. Cheers gents.

Will now be ploughing ahead with a massive loan so I can swan about in Sweden for 9 months. 8)

On the subject of SAAS, has anyone received the maximum loan for their first three years and then applied for the same in the final year? I'm in this bracket, and I've heard that the loan received is reduced. Can anyone confirm, and if so, how much should I expect it to be reduced by?

Many thanks.

I'm applying for exchange this year and the one I want has four spots available. One of the questions on the form is to explain how I would "represent the core values of University of Glasgow".

Any ideas of what kind of stuff to write? I don't think they'll be too impressed should I put that I play rugger, wear gilets and indulge in misogynist behaviour from time to time.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

I'm applying for exchange this year and the one I want has four spots available. One of the questions on the form is to explain how I would "represent the core values of University of Glasgow".

Any ideas of what kind of stuff to write? I don't think they'll be too impressed should I put that I play rugger, wear gilets and indulge in misogynist behaviour from time to time.

Telling women to get out of your Union is always a good thing to say IMO.

Well as of this afternoon I've left school. My entire future depends on three exams :(

I hate not being four years old

You will miss school greatly, I do.

Those wee crushes you had in 5th year will haunt you for the rest of your life. :(

Well as of this afternoon I've left school. My entire future depends on three exams :(

I hate not being four years old

You will miss school greatly, I do.

Those wee crushes you had in 5th year will haunt you for the rest of your life. :(

The 'if only' ones or the 'glad I didn't' ones? :lol:

When you're in S6 everybody is pals so when we all go our separate ways after prom I think I will genuinely miss everybody

even the Uzbek free runner who turned up last year when his deported father moved from Livingston

Aye the ones that you wish you weren't too much of a shitebag to ask out! Tbh, it isn't really a 5th year problem, more a 4th year one.

I was at my school since I was 4 all the way until I was 18, grew up with a lot of school pals and then we all part ways. Quite sad really. :(

:lol:

Being serious, what the f**k are the core values?

Fraternity, charity and brotherly love.

Guest honestrae95

:lol:

Being serious, what the f**k are the core values?

University is a place of many sexual encounters and beer. (Excludes VT)