Who's Going To Uni?

December exam results back. A4 for Jurisprudence and B2 for Criminal Law and Evidence. Considering the latter was a bloody awful paper I'm happy with that. Also got an A4 for our group report for my Honours course which will prove handy.

I imagine you'll be invited along for an interview within the next couple of months. Best of luck bud!

I received a conditional offer to study Management (third year point of entry) at Caley. Fairly certain I'll get the grades required in my HND, so I'm pretty happy as I never expected to go to university.

Cheers man, best of luck to you. Sure you'll do just fine :D

Could be wrong here but I think it's just an opportunity to learn a bit more about the Uni and your course itself, which was pretty useful IMO. They also take you a tour of the campus and let you see inside the halls and are helpful when answering any questions you have.

Also on a side note - first year computer science is a piece of piss.

What's the programming like? I always found the written side of Computing and Info Systems to be extremely easy, but I was poor when it came to programming. Although that was when using Basic and Prolog, and knowledge of those 2 is redundant at uni. Or so I've been told.

You know what pisses me off? You've had 3 previous years to piss about giving us your pathetic group work stuff .. when I'm in my Hons year I do not want to be relying on the work of someone else when it really matters! This pisses me off.

Ive got an interview for Sports Journalism soon. Should i take some English essays on top of my blog articles?

Yeah, probably.

Given the quality of sports journalism I really don't think you can fail.

It's coming to the time where I have to pick dissertation topics and I'm trying to choose something that is at least semi interesting. I might look at stress and work something but I'm not even doing HRM at the moment. Any decent ideas for business management? Something football manager related would be welcome.

Edited by Supras

What's the programming like? I always found the written side of Computing and Info Systems to be extremely easy, but I was poor when it came to programming. Although that was when using Basic and Prolog, and knowledge of those 2 is redundant at uni. Or so I've been told.

I only done the first Computing module as my degree is marketing, but the programming part was easy. It was split into 4 sections worth 25% each; a programming test, a group wiki, a series of 'checkpoints' in which you gain by attending 2 practicals a week, and the final exam. The programming is on an application called Alice and is very well explained in the course and is easy to understand unless you are completely computer illiterate (which I assume you're not).

Got an interview next Wednesday at Strathclyde for Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Anyone know what I should expect?

I had that interview almost 10 years ago. Couldn't tell you anything about it though, sorry! A vague hazy memory from the back of mind sees some guy going through my personal statement with me, but that could be bullshit. I'd imagine the term 'interview' would be a bit strong though. I certainly don't ever remember going down to Glasgow in a suit and tie.

Got my first response, an unconditional from Robert Gordon for Computer Science. They've asked my to send them my educational certificates, I'm guessing this is par for the course for everyone, or at least for everyone applying independently. Are they only interested in the summary of attainment first page, or do they want to see every piece of paper I've been sent by SQA? I think i've lost all the pages about core skills n' shit. unsure.gif

Got my first response, an unconditional from Robert Gordon for Computer Science. They've asked my to send them my educational certificates, I'm guessing this is par for the course for everyone, or at least for everyone applying independently. Are they only interested in the summary of attainment first page, or do they want to see every piece of paper I've been sent by SQA? I think i've lost all the pages about core skills n' shit. unsure.gif

I doubt they'll give a f**k about the core skills part. As long as you show them the results you got subject wise you should be fine.

Are you sure they don't mean send them your certificates if you actually go on to accept their offer?

Once I'd got an offer from Edinburgh, they said I'd only have to send them after you confirm their offer. Didn't have to do this with Dundee until I actually matriculated.

As for the core skills thing, they count for f**k all so I wouldn't bother.

Edited by Just a bairn