Who's Going To Uni?

After Christmas, I'm game.

I heard a Morton fan speaking in Studio on Monday night during the Chelsea game. Any of you guys?

I reckon I know who you mean, he goes to away games with illustrious figures like myself quite often. Was he quite 'jolly' in size?

He's not a regular poster on this forum.

I've been offered a study abroad place at the University of Washington Seattle for next year, just got to see if I can afford it etc before I decide to go or not. But certainly something to think about over christmas. Has anyone ever done study abroad? Good experience or advice?

I've not done it but I have a couple of friends away doing it this year and both seem to be really enjoying it.

I've been offered a study abroad place at the University of Washington Seattle for next year, just got to see if I can afford it etc before I decide to go or not. But certainly something to think about over christmas. Has anyone ever done study abroad? Good experience or advice?

I wandered around the UoW's campus hunting for an STA Travel branch about 5 years ago and it seemed a rather pleasant place. In fact, just go to Seattle in general. I worked there for 3 months and loved it. Going to uni school over there would have been even better.

• 3 weeks later...

I applied and was accepted to Melboure this year. Couldn't afford it, should have applied somewhere else.

Regret not going, but I know I'd be fucked if I did.

Handed by my mamouth 100% coursework business plan yesterday. Fairly happy with it also somewhat disappointed with the group I was working with. Amazingly got a lot of it done on Friday night without feeling tired or pissed off and leaving with an hour - which is what I usually do.

High hopes, I'm finally making tentative steps into A territory these days ph34r.gif

Edited by Supras

Had my first exam of the year yesterday. It was alright but the material to prepare for it wasn't. The lecturer actually sent us the four questions we'd be sitting, but it was in text form. Questions 1,3 and 4 were worth 15 marks and 2 was worth 55. The only tutorial that had answers was an example of question 1.

You'd think that'd be fine, but this lecturer is an absolute arsehole to communicate with. He constantly speaking cryptically and never gives a clear answer.

I think I mentioned it before, but there's a facebook group that over 100 of us have joined and pretty much everyone who's posted about it agrees that it was a shambles of a class. The two class reps are gonna be talking to the lecturer.

In the past ten or so minutes, two people have stuck up for the class and there's an absolute explosion happening! Fantastic reading.

Hmm, first exam on Friday.

HRD is my favourite part of HRM so far (particularly with the HRD policies and such like), however the volume of reading and required knowledge for a good grade is incredible. The lectures weren't great because they had very little in the way of actual content, let alone providing a half decent framework in which to work around. On the plus side, you only need to revise three topics to answer three questions.

At the moment I'm sitting on:

60% essay (my own fault, I decided to wait until the last minutes to do it)

60% group training exercise (I'm astounded we got that much because it was an awful idea, with the "team leader" bulldozing through his ideas no matter how much you protested)

That brings me to a very poor total of 36% out of 60% at the moment. I do think I can get more than 60% for the course as a whole, but I really do need to keep my focus until Friday. I've done some revision during the holidays and in the final weeks of last term, but as always I don't feel my revision has been enough.

Still, I know two of the topic areas fairly well and hopefully the stuff I pick up can stay in my head for once <_<

Got a conditional offer from Glasgow. Need to get an A in my HNC which is definitely manageable if I don't repeat my last 2 years at school.

Would certainly recommend a year at college to anyone thinking of uni. I'll be so much better prepared and would never have gotten a Glasgow offer straight from school