Who's Going To Uni?

Glasgow has been shut. The only building on campus still open is the GUU. Bizarre decision as it's just a stiff gale. Nothing out of the ordinary.

We have a group report due in... tomorrow. So we have no access to the library to get it done/printed out. Bit of a pain.

Glasgow has been shut. The only building on campus still open is the GUU. Bizarre decision as it's just a stiff gale. Nothing out of the ordinary.

We have a group report due in... tomorrow. So we have no access to the library to get it done/printed out. Bit of a pain.

That is a definate extension if ever there was one. In these situations don't they have a saying "No student shall be disadvantaged...."?

I'm doing Human Resource Management.

It's quite interesting, especially with variety from the classes within the course. I quite like the organisational psychology part and my Higher in psychology has certainly made it a lot easier to grasp than I expected. Next semester it looks like we will be applying it to actual business examples rather than just the theory of it and the papers from psychologists.

It's got a mix of pretty much everything in it. Politics, economics, psychology and obviously general management science theory.

That sounds quite a good course actually. Learning about the modern business environment whilst not having to take a Business Management degree. Hope you're enjoying it.:)

I'm feeling nothing but relief just now. The hardest out of my 4 exams is over with. I was genuinely thinking last night it was a write-off but the questions were quite kind so I'm hoping it's at least a pass, which is all I'm after. But we'll see. 2 down, next one's not til Tuesday so I've got a bit of time to get the next 2 studied.

That is a definate extension if ever there was one. In these situations don't they have a saying "No student shall be disadvantaged...."?

You'd hope so. We've tried to contact the course co-ordinator but nothing yet. I don't know if you know Jim Murdoch but essentially he could be out of the country for all we know. He's not the most organised of people...

Is there such a thing as an organised academic? Send an e-mail, not asking for an extension, but stating that you are taking an extension. Any problems, a cheeky wee e-mail to the head of department will sort things out. And, you'll get the added bonus of upsetting your course co-ordinator.

To be honest, at undergrad that isn't the approach I would have taken. But, at post grad I took great pleasure in pissing folk off. :D

Is there such a thing as an organised academic? Send an e-mail, not asking for an extension, but stating that you are taking an extension. Any problems, a cheeky wee e-mail to the head of department will sort things out. And, you'll get the added bonus of upsetting your course co-ordinator.

To be honest, at undergrad that isn't the approach I would have taken. But, at post grad I took great pleasure in pissing folk off. :D

Someone already asked if an extension would be given, and the reply from the course co-ordinator was essentially "dunno. I might hear from my superiors"

Alas it was not English.

Oh and not at the moment, buses are cancelled around my part, plus I have a driving test tomorrow. However i head to Aberdeen on Monday to get shitfaced.

Happy days. :D