Who's Going To Uni?

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what did you need grade-wise to get in? This is actually the same course I'm hoping to get into in a couple of years time after I've left school.

I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I had left High School, done and HNC in the subject and had been working for about 3 years.

However, this years prospectus says you need 4 Highers and Standard Grade Maths. I've absolutely no idea how close they stick to this to be honest as I only have one Higher- Accountancy. Best to stick in, give it your all and don't go into your exams half arsed like I did :)

Great city to live in though, PM me if you've got any questions or that 8)

I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I had left High School, done and HNC in the subject and had been working for about 3 years.

However, this years prospectus says you need 4 Highers and Standard Grade Maths. I've absolutely no idea how close they stick to this to be honest as I only have one Higher- Accountancy. Best to stick in, give it your all and don't go into your exams half arsed like I did :)

Great city to live in though, PM me if you've got any questions or that 8)

Cheers for that, just had my first standard grade exam today, here's hoping. 1 down, 7 to go 8)

Subjects picked for second year.

Politics and HRM.

I enjoy History and it's something that always keeps my interest, but I just don't know what I was going to get out of it at the end of the day. I quite like HRM and it has a few career opportunities that I interest me.

I still have plenty of time to amend my curriculum though should things change (I think).

Just one more written exam (Recycling Urban Land) and a practical exam (Meat Hygiene, at Glasgow Uni Vet School) to go, then I'm done.

Then I get to sue Strathclyde as it has lost its accreditation with REHIS (a-fucking-gain - it happened last time as well, although they sorted it out with the RSC easily), so they better fix it or at the bare minimum give me my fucking fees back.

I enjoyed my time at University but i'll be pleased to see the back of it. I have exams on the 17th and 18th. After that I am done.

24th and 27th for me - today is my last day of lectures ever. Thank Christ!

I enjoyed my time at University but i'll be pleased to see the back of it. I have exams on the 17th and 18th. After that I am done.

Same for me.

I struggled to fit in at first because of my age - I was 24 when I started Uni so I was too old to fit in with the younger students, and too young to fit in with the older students.

Made some good friends over third and fourth year so I've enjoyed it a lot more, but I'm looking forward to finishing up. My last exam is on the 17th and that's me finished.

I'm lucky that I've got a job lined up for at least the summer, but it doesn't start until the 6th June so I'm going to be pretty bored for three weeks - on the plus side, I should hopefully get better at golf!

I can't believe you and Enigma are leaving already, feels like you both just started!

I know, it's absolutely flown by. We never did get that game of chess!

I know, it's absolutely flown by. We never did get that game of chess!

I haven't played chess in possibly years! Its slightly terrifying just how fast four years have gone by, makes me realise that I'll be gone soon enough too, nothing lasts forever!

2 exams down, 2 to go. Had my first Law one of this diet on Saturday (afternoon... had to miss the final day of the season for these b*****ds <_< ) which was Commercial Law. I think I did okay, but will have to wait and see. Next up is Business Organisations this Saturday, then Property Law the Wednesday after and I'm done for the summer.

Then all I need to do is find a fecking job over the summer.

I'm two done as well, neither spectacular but in both cases I'm pretty confident I've got a B.

Next up is my first year business exam, which whilst logically the easiest is actually a bigger pain in the tits than politics. You have the obvious problem of not going to lectures, the tutorials being laughably bad and a Marketing course that doesn't make one iota of sense. Apparently we do an essay on theory - what the f**k are the theories!? It's tomorrow but I've been studying for a month and still don't know!

It can't be that hard, there are plenty of fuckwits on this course but it's a 70% exam so my B2 coursework isn't going to take my that far. I wouldn't be surprised - or disappointed - if I drop down a C.

These exams have probably meant the least of any I've done in the last few years but I've really raised my game studying wise - I don't know why.

I enjoyed my time at University but i'll be pleased to see the back of it.

Whoever told me uni would be the best years of my life was a f****** liar!

Graduate, get a job, make money, spend money, enjoy life. At least when you finish work, you've actually finished work and don't have that nagging feeling that you should be getting started on some essay or report for next Tuesday or whenever. You don't then have to juggle some other part-time and writing/studying inbetween and can enjoy a guilt free pint.

I did actually enjoy uni though! biggrin.gif

4 down, 4 to go for me.

I had two today - one in the afternoon and one in the evening. The first one went quite well, but the second was a bit of a disaster. It was for Further Modelling, which is something I've never been able to understand or really get a grip of. I did last year's paper last night, and I reckon I would have got an A on it, but unfortunately this year's one wasn't anything like as good. It was definitely the worst exam I've had since I started uni, but hopefully I still passed it.

The next one is on Wednesday, so I'll be battering away at the stuff for that tomorrow.

I'm two done as well, neither spectacular but in both cases I'm pretty confident I've got a B.

Next up is my first year business exam, which whilst logically the easiest is actually a bigger pain in the tits than politics. You have the obvious problem of not going to lectures, the tutorials being laughably bad and a Marketing course that doesn't make one iota of sense. Apparently we do an essay on theory - what the f**k are the theories!? It's tomorrow but I've been studying for a month and still don't know!

It can't be that hard, there are plenty of fuckwits on this course but it's a 70% exam so my B2 coursework isn't going to take my that far. I wouldn't be surprised - or disappointed - if I drop down a C.

Haha what a fucking nightmare. Every question was a fucking bomb, even when some random guy handed us 'possible questions' an hour before. Some of them turned up but I still didn't go for it given how horrendous it was. And the one I did I derailed a little following his notes which were actually fucking wrong!

The question of interpretation is quite an important one, given at every point I realised half way through I could be doing it differently.

For example, the first question I did:

Locate each of Intel's moves (products and markets) since Mr Otellini became CEO in the Ansoff Product Growth Matrix. Justify the answer.

The issue he is the 'each', there is no way you could cover everything in the case study in the course of half an hour and justify it. What others have done was draw the diagram and a brief explanation but uh...that's not an essay. Instead, I consider four moves and put them into each of the different categories, pretty liberally it was clearly bullshit. A cogent enough answer which should get some credit just not much.

I also didn't know what marketing orientation was but wrote an essay about it.

The second section was - quite unbelievably - even worse. The first question was out because I didn't know anything about strong tie and weak tie advertising whilst the second was out because I didn't know the choice criteria in B2B marketing. There were only 2 choices so I had to resort to guessing the choice criteria that could lead to conflict - so I went for price, reliability, flexibility and complex distribution issues. I lacked points but I expanded heavily on what I wrote.

A plus is that given I probably worked harder than most on the course, and every around looked dense/left early they've done as badly if not more. And there not going to fail half a first year course. I'd be delighted with a C at the moment.

I also found out three people have copied my coursework for this course with two getting the same grade as me and one getting a D laugh.gif.

Last time I fucking help anyone though dry.gif