Who's Going To Uni?

My History tutorial has also been cancelled today because of 'industrial action'. A day off to add to my day off yesterday, yippee.

I've also been informed that my library account has been suspended <_< By informed please read, I wans't told when I put books back yesterday but found out last night when I checked my library account. So the c***s haven't taken the books of my account and are still charging me for them as overdue until I pay off my (now) £30 fine. Normally they at least tell you when you need to pay off a fine but they didn't yesterday <_<

It isn't today, it got moved to next Thursday. I was told this today by Jenoah Joseph (Business Lecturer) and not to attend my lecture on her topic next week as there will be nae c**t there.

My History tutorial has also been cancelled today because of 'industrial action'. A day off to add to my day off yesterday, yippee.

Hmm. I've just had an email saying it's next Thursday. Are you sure you've not missed something, yoda? :unsure:

As you will be aware, strike action is planned for both this Thursday, 17th March, and next, 24th March. Therefore your final tutorial on State and Society since 1945 will not take place tomorrow (Thursday, 17th March). Rather than cancel the class outright, this tutorial has been postponed until Thursday 31st March (same time, same place). While I appreciate this makes your tutorials rather disjointed, this action is unfortunately unavoidable. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Due to industrial action the HR111 lecture on Thursday 17th March is cancelled

I didn't miss anything thankfully :P

Seriously pissed off at one o my lecturers, the man is an utter idiot and I have never liked him. However doing a series of 6 essays for him, haven't done great, but tries to follow his feedback. Now for my most recent one, i chose a question asking for your personal opinion on a building, by your chosen architect. Now I get feedback by email and he has given me a D because I wrote it with personal opinion. Now how the he'll was I meant to write it, no point in moaning, will just have to try more I guess. Just really annoyed.

Strathclyde's was today, pretty sure. None of my classes were cancelled due to the strike but one got cancelled because the lecturer's sister died and he had to go to africa to look after her kids. So someone else took the lecture on Monday and said the class wouldn't be on today or this monday coming but I was doing a lab report and missed the class. She didn't decide to email us to notify the year the class was off so I was in three hours before my next class waiting on a lecturer not coming in.

I've only just seen on the BBC website that staff at eight universities, including Stirling, are taking industrial action today.

There doesn't seem to be anything on the Stirling Uni website about it, though.

Any Stirling students know anything about it? I don't fancy driving in just to find out that my lecturers are staying at home picketing.

I got emails saying they're doing it on the 24th (a week today)

That's my day off though.

sdfgsdfgn.jpg

I applied for entry into 3rd year at Caley to study Computing (Information System Development) after a man came into college to talk about the course etc. He said it definitely articulated with the course I was currently doing and had been for a few years. UCAS reply says unsuccesful with the note "your qualification or course of study does not articulate with this degree" mad.gif Well that was a waste of a choice, I'm really pissed off after being told that it did articulate.

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

The Union had various referendums on this funding stuff this week, 58% opposed changing the 'no graduate contributions' stance. 64% support industrial action but 56% oppose action short of strikes, such as non-marking of assessments. That's how I voted, because if you're going to do something make sure the boss man is taking the stick and not just the students. Tighter than I expected on the graduate contributions one though.

Edited by vikingTON

Just got a conditional offer from Strathclyde to do Architecture! biggrin.gif I need 2 Higher A's and and Adv. Higher B however huh.gif

The Architecture building looks like an utter abomination from the outside. I have also pissed against it. FACT.

Talking about architecture, this boy who helped us make up numbers for the uni 5s league last week is studying Naval Architecture. I was impressed, mainly because I had never heard of it before.

The Architecture building looks like an utter abomination from the outside. I have also pissed against it. FACT.

It sits in the shadows of the great Colville and John Anderson buildings. The Architecture building does have a nicer computer suite(p***ks).

I managed to talk my way out of my fine but I need to find something else to do in the summer, most summer placements at tourist resorts were sown up in December.

I'm looking at a job as a fitness instructor in a Greek hotel or a Chinese internship.

Anything but getting a real job dry.gif

I managed to talk my way out of my fine but I need to find something else to do in the summer, most summer placements at tourist resorts were sown up in December.

I'm looking at a job as a fitness instructor in a Greek hotel or a Chinese internship.

Anything but getting a real job dry.gif

Try the Club 21 careers service through the Uni. Several summer internships up for grabs.

Just straight up Architecture or Architectural Engineering?

Just straight up Architecture.

Talking about architecture, this boy who helped us make up numbers for the uni 5s league last week is studying Naval Architecture. I was impressed, mainly because I had never heard of it before.

All architecture buildings are shite! The one at GSA is fucking horrible.