Who's Going To Uni?

How did those reading this thread who've been through second year find it compared to first year?

Better not tell me it was shite.

I suppose it depends on the course, but form what I've noticed over the years, first to second is a piece of shit - second to third will have people dropping like flies.

I suppose it depends on the course, but form what I've noticed over the years, first to second is a piece of shit - second to third will have people dropping like flies.

Yup, that's pretty much it. A lot of people I know have dropped out or have had to repeat 3rd year, however easy they found 1st and 2nd year.

I didn't notice that much difference between 1st and 2nd year. The work might get harder in the second half of 2nd year but if you survived 1st year you will be fine in 2nd year. 3rd year is when I noticed that the tempo was being upped, so to speak.

That said it really depends on your university and course as its all different.

Cheers lads, but I more meant in terms of not being at uni halls etc, how do people find second year in terms of their social life compared to first year?

I don't really care about the course tbh.

Cheers lads, but I more meant in terms of not being at uni halls etc, how do people find second year in terms of their social life compared to first year?

I don't really care about the course tbh.

Personally wasn't an issue, got a flat with the guys I was mates with in halls, so it really wasn't an issue, if nothing else it was better since I was in town and not on the outskirts (Heriot Watt)

Yup, that's pretty much it. A lot of people I know have dropped out or have had to repeat 3rd year, however easy they found 1st and 2nd year.

I take it the difficulty in 3rd year is considerably higher than the previous two. By reading the outlines for the modules I am doing it does seem there is a lot more in it. I found the first 18 months (level 8 modules) fairly easy and then last semester (level 9 modules) was a bit harder. Now its level 10 modules.

Pissin the flair.

I found second year to be a little more challenging than first year, although the workload wasn't really that much more.

Third year is when the heavy shit starts going down. The workload is far more intense, the assignments are much more intimidating and some of the module material takes a lot to get your head around.

I found second year to be a little more challenging than first year, although the workload wasn't really that much more.

Third year is when the heavy shit starts going down. The workload is far more intense, the assignments are much more intimidating and some of the module material takes a lot to get your head around.

Aye, seems like it's a pretty big step up. Hopefully be alright if put the work in for every single assignment; unlike the previous two years where assignments were completed at the last minute far too often.

Back to Uni on Monday after a year long sabbatical

I'm going to Glasgow Caley to do Diagnostic Imaging. Really looking forward to getting started although I fucking hate meeting new people.

Bought myself a fetching adidas manbag today :wub: as well as far more pens and notepads than I'm ever likely to need. I also spent about £200 on books, but mummy and daddy paid for those

Uni :2cool

edit - is manbag the right word? I just googled them and mine is bigger than a manbag...

Edited by Shawfield Stallion

Back to Uni on Monday after a year long sabbatical

I'm going to Glasgow Caley to do Diagnostic Imaging. Really looking forward to getting started although I fucking hate meeting new people.

Bought myself a fetching adidas manbag today :wub: as well as far more pens and notepads than I'm ever likely to need. I also spent about £200 on books, but mummy and daddy paid for those

Uni :2cool

edit - is manbag the right word? I just googled them and mine is bigger than a manbag...

Probably a satchel

Is anybody on here soon to be a Stirling fresher?

I am - going into first year Journalism. I move in to AK Davidson halls on Saturday, bit nervous since I'm coming from Edinburgh and don't know anyone else there.

Anyone else starting at Stirling and completey dingied? :lol:

I am - going into first year Journalism. I move in to AK Davidson halls on Saturday, bit nervous since I'm coming from Edinburgh and don't know anyone else there.

I was in AKD last year and didn't know anybody when I moved - had a blast! Seriously, everybody is in the same boat as you, they'll be just as keen to make friends as you are.

Enjoy, you'll have a great year I'm sure. I move into my flat just along from you on Sunday but I have to admit I kind of wish it was halls again.

I was in AKD last year and didn't know anybody when I moved - had a blast! Seriously, everybody is in the same boat as you, they'll be just as keen to make friends as you are.

Enjoy, you'll have a great year I'm sure. I move into my flat just along from you on Sunday but I have to admit I kind of wish it was halls again.

Cheers, it's quite reassuring to think that there'll be so many in the same situation - I'm sure once I've settled in it'll be great.

What floor are you on? I didn't know anybody when I moved to uni, I think it's an advantage rather than a hindrance. My sister is starting AKD on Saturday and only knows a couple of people, so you're not the only one, far from it I imagine.

Edited by Enigma

What floor are you on? I didn't know anybody when I moved to uni, I think it's an advantage rather than a hindrance. My sister is starting AKD on Saturday and only knows a couple of people, so you're not the only one, far from it I imagine.

4th floor, west wing I think - I'm pretty sure it's a 12-person flat. I think I probably would prefer to be starting with a couple of mates but yeah, I don't see it as a hindrance. A chance for a completely new start if nothing else.