Who's Going To Uni?

I'm going to the Uni of the West of Scotland in Paisley to do Computer Animation - got into third year as well. Get in and get it right fucking up anyone who didn't!

Anyone who didn't what? Get into the University of the West of Scotland? I doubt there will be anyone, man. I doubt it.

Moving up on the 10th of September into my halls at Murano, can't fucking wait :D

Stayed in Murano last year - really good place to meet people, you'll enjoy it. My only regret is not being in a 12 person as my 5 person flat never really gelled, still got loads of friends from the surrounding flats though.

Although be prepared for fire alarms at any given moment.

Is anyone going into 2nd year economics at strathclyde? Or has anyone done it?

I'm on the provisional curriculum page and there is 2 optional classes for next year, Economics of Firms And Industries and International Trade And Development.

Swithering over what one to pick as I really can't find much information on what the classes involve, has anyone done either of these who would be able to tell me a bit about them?

Applied to SAAS 7 weeks ago, still heard nothing back! I've got a friend who applied two weeks ago and she got her letter back within a week! Phoned them up and they're just getting onto the late applications after 30 June, but that deadline was for students with a start date in August, so there must be a few students that have been mucked up by this too. This is the earliest I've ever applied and the longest it's ever taken for me to hear back!

Applied to SAAS 7 weeks ago, still heard nothing back! I've got a friend who applied two weeks ago and she got her letter back within a week! Phoned them up and they're just getting onto the late applications after 30 June, but that deadline was for students with a start date in August, so there must be a few students that have been mucked up by this too. This is the earliest I've ever applied and the longest it's ever taken for me to hear back!

I applied in May and they have yet to get mine right. I don't start til September, admittedly, but they keep asking for different things for the childcare allowance and that's what's holding it up. I've not heard a sausage about my bursary. I just hope that the bursary is still going ahead regardless of the childcare stuff or I'm buggered.

After failing to find this thread I have now found it thanks to the kind help of Ad Lib and Accies1. Both showed me up as a lazy tit.

Anyone starting History and Politics at Strathclyde this year? Anyone in the James Young Halls at Strathclyde?

Been told my timetable by a classmate who went in today:

In Tuesdays, and Thursdays, but apparently we're only to go in on the Tuesday for catching up on work, or just if we need any help with stuff - day off then. ;)

Thursday:

Sound Production

Video something

Web Design

Fucking EASY. :D

Well, it all kicks off in a weeks time here in Stirling. I have a meeting with my dissertation supervisor a week tomorrow and she seemed impressed by the work I have already done. I will have to go back to Haddington for a few weeks this semester to do some research though (my dissertation is on a local political history type thing).

Is anybody on here soon to be a Stirling fresher?

Oh, and I am starting 4th year! :o:(

Edited by Enigma

How did those reading this thread who've been through second year find it compared to first year?

Better not tell me it was shite.

Edited by Guest

How did those reading this thread who've been through second year find it compared to first year?

Better not tell me it was shite.

I didn't notice that much difference between 1st and 2nd year. The work might get harder in the second half of 2nd year but if you survived 1st year you will be fine in 2nd year. 3rd year is when I noticed that the tempo was being upped, so to speak.

That said it really depends on your university and course as its all different.

Edited by Enigma