Who's Going To Uni?

I'm pleased to report back to whoever it was that warned me about sociology at the beginning of the year that it has indeed lived up to it's expectations and provided some of the most dry, soulless lectures around.

Thoroughly looking forward to never having to broach the subject again after my exam tomorrow.

Would any of the guys studying Politics at Strathclyde recommend it? I'm meeting with my advisor of studies next week and hopefully try to switch courses for next year.

I'd agree with vikingTON, I've only just finished first year and James Mitchell is a bit of an arse but I've found what we've studied to be pretty interesting.

The tutorials for politics have also been pretty good so long as you're in with a group of people who actually like to talk.

I'm pleased to report back to whoever it was that warned me about sociology at the beginning of the year that it has indeed lived up to it's expectations and provided some of the most dry, soulless lectures around.

Thoroughly looking forward to never having to broach the subject again after my exam tomorrow.

Let future generations heed the warning, my warning actually.

One exam to go before the summer, both history exams were decent on Monday, had two questions on terrorism today which I'd focused on so will do well for War Terrorism and Conflict. Three hour politics biggie on Monday and that's it. :D

Good people of Stirling! Any idea if the boys are still operating the security barriers this week? I'm fairly sure by this time last year they'd stopped, but I'm planning on driving in for my exam tomorrow at 9, and I don't fancy being turned away at the gate.

Cheers.

I believe they are.

Do what I do and park on Hillfoots Road, just outside the entrance to the Spittal Hill chalets. It's only a five-minute walk from there.

Not long back from my first exam, History. Wasn't too bad, could've been better, could've been worse, they are a bit sneaky with the questions but I think I handled it as well as I could've. Politics tomorrow at 9am, not looking forward to that one little bit. Need to do quite a bit of revision tonight.

On the bright side, this time tomorrow I'll be finished first year and will probably be wasted. Can't wait.

Had the last of my 10 exams yesterday, and had a good night last night, so I'm sitting today doing absolutely nothing, which feels great.

I've got 6 weeks of this now until I start my summer research placement, so my post count on here will no doubt surge.

Had the third of my six exams today and fucking nailed it. I'll be annoyed if I get a 1B.

Actually had the grade back for my first exam (sneaky b*****ds counted it as an 'assignment', even though it was actually after the first exam in the same subject and counts for a fair amount of the grade). Yes...I believe that that is indeed a 1A**.

Just thought I'd let you all ken, ken?

Does uni actually get a lot harder in second year aye?

Just done first year and it was a massive pile of shite in terms of how easy it was. A great laugh and an all round superb year, but in terms of the actual educational side of it I've been surprised at how easy it has been, not that I'm complaining.

Just done first year and it was a massive pile of shite in terms of how easy it was. A great laugh and an all round superb year, but in terms of the actual educational side of it I've been surprised at how easy it has been, not that I'm complaining.

At Stirling it gets harder after 18 months. Some pish about the first 3 semester modules being SQV Level 8 and after that they go up to levels 9 and beyond.

My experience of First Year has been mixed.

Law is an absolute bitch compared with even Advanced Highers, but Politics is, if anything considerably easier than AHs.

First year isn't anything to do with anything, it's just a waste of time to get you into the habit of being at uni.

I started this course in 3rd year, which shows how pointless the first two years are!

Had six exams in the first semester, with another three this week...

Monday had Water and Waste Management, which was quite easy, but tomorrow have third year level Microbiology... fun after dropping Biology in first year of school 14 years ago! - then on Friday have Occupational Health, Safety and Toxicology, it's mainly about Asbestos and Noise regulations, with a little bit of oncology brought in to tie everything up!

Had the third of my six exams today and fucking nailed it. I'll be annoyed if I get a 1B.

Actually had the grade back for my first exam (sneaky b*****ds counted it as an 'assignment', even though it was actually after the first exam in the same subject and counts for a fair amount of the grade). Yes...I believe that that is indeed a 1A**.

Just thought I'd let you all ken, ken?

Cool story, bro.

First year isn't anything to do with anything, it's just a waste of time to get you into the habit of being at uni.

I started this course in 3rd year, which shows how pointless the first two years are!

I think a lot depends on what course you're doing. Certainly regarding Law, there's several subjects in the first 2 years that are pre-requisites for the Diploma, and I'd imagine that for Medicine and its variations some of the stuff you do in the early parts of the degree is pretty essential stuff.

I was thinking the same thing, I'm doing Politics and Economics and I'm almost certain I done more work in my 5th year at school.

In comparison my girlfriend is doing her first year of Law at Glasgow and seems to have an absolute shit load of work most of the time

First year uni is probably the most work I've ever done but that says a lot more about how little effort I put in whilst I was at school, since I still found this year easy enough. Next year is definitely going to be tougher though.

In comparison my girlfriend is doing her first year of Law at Glasgow and seems to have an absolute shit load of work most of the time

Yep. It's pretty grim. The impression I get is that the first 2 years (when you're doing all the Diploma pre-requisites) it's a pretty tough time, but that once you're onto the Honours subjects it should be a bit more rewarding...

We'll I'm fucking hoping that's what it's going to be like...