Who's Going To Uni?

This.

Running to get my essay in on time, I got about 20 folk stopping me asking me if I wanted to vote for this tosser or that tosser. Is it just me or the fact that I'm running with my essay in hand surely means I don't have time for their pish flyers or gummy bears. Wankers.

some c***s stopped me once showing me a sheet with sponsored silence, I was like f**k off I can't afford to give money to charity you stupid f**k.

Wasn't Stirling either ;)

FAO everyone involved in student elections.

I DON'T FUCKING CARE. JUST BUGGER OFF. OOH, ONE FELLA WANTS TO OPEN THE LIBRARY TIL 2AM AND THE OTHER THINKS IT SHOULD SHUT AT 1? HOW CAN I POSSIBLY CHOOSE?

Just piss right off. It's not like you're competing to be President of the fucking World. Nobody cares about Student Council, or whatever the f**k it's called. And if your girlfriend thrusts another fucking black and orange pamphlet into my face, I'm going to tombstone her into the floor.

I think that they're a real political force.

vikingTON, what's second year Politics like?

You have to do one mandatory class on Modern Political Thought, which looks at the theorists in the first semester and ideologies/concepts in the second. The second class is a choice of a wide range, such as Scottish Politics, West European, French, American, Chinese (sounds pretty straightforward if you ask me: shoot anyone who disagrees with them), War Terrorism and Conflict and so on. You pick one class from a set for first semester, and a new one in the second, doing an essay and exam for both, the first semeter being examined in January. I picked Scottish in the first and am doing the War class now, which is quite good.

The political thought class has an essay in each term and a three-hour exam in the summer. The stuff can be quite dry and theoretical at the start but the workload isn't bad at all and there isn't much of a step-up. Either that or I'm just working harder. Probably a bit of both.

I've never heard anyone describe it as fantastic after a Mitchell lecture... but aye if you stop yourself from drifting off you learn a lot.

I fell asleep during the lecture on the Politics course at the Open Day back in September. At least I stayed, almost everyone else in the room walked out.

Exam timetable came out today at Glasgow.

Business and Management 2B 5th May; Public Policy 2 21st May; Spanish 1B 29th April & 20th May.

Not bad, got quite a big gap between them all so I suppose that's a good thing.

Quite happy with my exam timetable, gives me time to get my dissertation proposal spot on, and a decent break between my 2 exams. I predict Octo on the 12th as well.

Africa - 28th April 9.30-12.30

Quaternary Environments I and II- 12 May 11.15-12.45

Strathclyde has arranged both my history exams on the same day, one in the morning, the other in the afternoon. What the cunting f**k are they playing at?

That's harsh.

My History and Politics exams are on successive days, the 18th and 19th. Not great at all. Could've been worse, when I read davebino's post up there about Saturday exams, I thought for a horrible second I might have one clashing with the Scottish Cup final. I doubt we'll get there, but that'd be an awful situation to be in...

That's harsh.

My History and Politics exams are on successive days, the 18th and 19th. Not great at all. Could've been worse, when I read davebino's post up there about Saturday exams, I thought for a horrible second I might have one clashing with the Scottish Cup final. I doubt we'll get there, but that'd be an awful situation to be in...

Aye, just a draft timetable at the moment. Things will nae doubt get changed like last semester.

I have no exams cool.gif

Just a week of hell, which features the deadline for 4 essays totalling 6000 words, 2 tests, 2 orchestrations and an assessed group discussion.

1 essay and 1 test are out of the way, but the orchestrating is doing my nut it. I hate music notation software.

After this week is done I just have a 15 minute performance recital at the end of April. Which mean's I'll be Britpopping it up on Friday B)

For all those moaning about the campaigners, have you not developed the knack of avoiding these people? Use passers by as human shields - pretend to be on the phone, change (or pretend to change) the song on your iPod, and the QM got a specific mention - I find the wheelchair ramp particularly useful :-)

That's harsh.

I'm finishing third year at Stirling and for the sixth semester in a row I have my maths and accounting (my most important modules) exams on consecutive days, with a long gap until my third exam.