Who's Going To Uni?

Ever gone an hour early? I have, was one of the first into the lecture theatre and sat right in the middle of the row, before being penned in on both sides by big fat women. Had to sit through an hour of behavioural psychology.

I was early once too, I just sat and listned to the lecture before me. It was about religious beliefs in Japan. I actually enjoyed it. Quite inciteful...

Maths test on Friday, lecturer went over whats going to be in it, nearly cried because it's 6 weeks of work I can't do :(

Anyone else noticed it doesn't matter how many times you say "I'm gonna put my head down and try hard" you never do?

After saying this I chose sleep over going to the last lecture before the test :lol:

What did you need to do for your group project? In the first semester we had to make posters on the economies of a given country (as I'm doing Economic Principles and Applications as well as Economics I had to make 2). One was for Venezuela and one for Chad. Second semester we did a poster on how Estonia and Slovenia emerged from communism and analysed and compared their economies (which, sadly enough, I found pretty enjoyable).

Posters!? That sounds alright. No we had to find the misery index and two other measures of economic performances for Denmark, Colombia and the Czech Republic and make all the appropriate graphs and macroeconomic analysis. It was hard finding data for Colombia so I e-mailed their government and they pretty much told me the answer.

Posters!? That sounds alright. No we had to find the misery index and two other measures of economic performances for Denmark, Colombia and the Czech Republic and make all the appropriate graphs and macroeconomic analysis. It was hard finding data for Colombia so I e-mailed their government and they pretty much told me the answer.

Colombia was hard? Try finding data for Chad. The CIA World Factbook can only tell you so much.

Someone I know is doing a dissertation and has made up a survey in which he needs 100 responses by tomorrow. He's struggling to make up the no's so thought I'd ask the p + b masses to lend a hand.

Literally takes about 2 minutes and is just on how you use blackboard or whatever equivilant your uni uses. It says that it is for Cali but it doesn't really make a difference.

If you could quickly do the survey it would be much appreciated! Cheers

www.surveymonkey.com/s/bgl5kzc

Glasgow Uni is terrible for all the "Nazi Scum off our Streets" " "No Nazis in Edinburgh" etc.

Had a good chuckle when someone had plastered over them a poster saying "EVERYTHING IS FINE" laugh.gif

I hate how you can't get near the QMU without folk in daft t-shirts thrusting leaflets in your face.

The daftest thing is how seriously they take the whole campaign.

I hate how you can't get near the QMU without folk in daft t-shirts thrusting leaflets in your face.

The daftest thing is how seriously they take the whole campaign.

I tend to avoid the QM at all costs. Pathological hatred of that place.

Finished my geographic thought essay, and handed it in. :-D

I'm now finished 3rd year, apart from my field course next week, dissertation proposal, and 2 exams. So I've actually got quite a bit to do.

FAO everyone involved in student elections.

I DON'T FUCKING CARE. JUST BUGGER OFF. OOH, ONE FELLA WANTS TO OPEN THE LIBRARY TIL 2AM AND THE OTHER THINKS IT SHOULD SHUT AT 1? HOW CAN I POSSIBLY CHOOSE?

Just piss right off. It's not like you're competing to be President of the fucking World. Nobody cares about Student Council, or whatever the f**k it's called. And if your girlfriend thrusts another fucking black and orange pamphlet into my face, I'm going to tombstone her into the floor.

Didn't know an appropriate place to put this, so I'll just put this here. I see that a few posters in this thread go to Stirling Uni and I'm considering going there in two years for my journalism degree because it was highly rated by the newspaper journalists that I've talked to. My only other option is Caley and I'm not a big fan of going there at all. Just things like the lecturers and the general ambience and resources at the university etc.

Any relevant feedback would be greatly appreciated.

FAO everyone involved in student elections.

I DON'T FUCKING CARE. JUST BUGGER OFF. OOH, ONE FELLA WANTS TO OPEN THE LIBRARY TIL 2AM AND THE OTHER THINKS IT SHOULD SHUT AT 1? HOW CAN I POSSIBLY CHOOSE?

Just piss right off. It's not like you're competing to be President of the fucking World. Nobody cares about Student Council, or whatever the f**k it's called. And if your girlfriend thrusts another fucking black and orange pamphlet into my face, I'm going to tombstone her into the floor.

This.

Running to get my essay in on time, I got about 20 folk stopping me asking me if I wanted to vote for this tosser or that tosser. Is it just me or the fact that I'm running with my essay in hand surely means I don't have time for their pish flyers or gummy bears. Wankers.

Didn't know an appropriate place to put this, so I'll just put this here. I see that a few posters in this thread go to Stirling Uni and I'm considering going there in two years for my journalism degree because it was highly rated by the newspaper journalists that I've talked to. My only other option is Caley and I'm not a big fan of going there at all. Just things like the lecturers and the general ambience and resources at the university etc.

Aye, do it. You will no doubt have a ball.

I finished a four year journalism course at Caley last year, and have got a pretty good job out of it.

Some of the courses you have to do in the first couple of years are tedious, but it does get better, and I enjoyed it.

At least they aren't hijacked by the Stop the War coalition with their shouty imbecile standing for Strathclyde President. I think this year he even lost to the 're-open nominations' option.

How do you actually find out what the results were?