Who's Going To Uni?

Had management presentation today. In all honesty, it was a horrendous experience. Thought it went alright then the seminar teacher said I looked nervous, too much arm throwing to emphasise my points, not enough eye contact, too much mentioned of the case study and not enough theory...then gave me a pat on the back and said it was "a comfortable pass" :unsure:

Had management presentation today. In all honesty, it was a horrendous experience. Thought it went alright then the seminar teacher said I looked nervous, too much arm throwing to emphasise my points, not enough eye contact, too much mentioned of the case study and not enough theory...then gave me a pat on the back and said it was "a comfortable pass" :unsure:

Ach well ye can relax now. Ye were walkin about the day as if ye were waitin tae get the electric chair :lol:. Thats you half way to passing the module already.

I've got Finance, Maths and Accounting modules this semester.

Accounting seems to be going pretty well. Uni scheduled my Accounting lectures for the same time as my Maths lectures, meaning that I can't go to any Accounting ones, as I would rather attend the Maths ones (as Maths would be more difficult to teach myself, as I'm having to do with Accounting). It helps that it's a Taxation module so my three years working at the IR/HMRC has come in pretty handy.

Maths is tricky. I understand the subject matter and can do all the calculations we do by hand on paper, but most of what we are doing is using a statistical software package called Minitab, which is a horrible program to use. I'm pretty good with computers but I can't make head nor tail of it.

Finance is horrible. The lecturer we have speaks in a drab monotone and makes no attempt to make the subject seem interesting, the textbook we're using is a horrifically over-complicated one (which has sample questions that often have nothing to do with what we've just studied and read) and last week I had a go at the tutor as he keeps interchanging the formulae we use to work out the figures, confusing the hell out of everyone as they're different to what is in the lectures and what is in the textbook.

I have a Finance test and an Accounting test next week, the former I'm pretty much shitting myself about, the Accounting one will go not too badly hopefully (just need to get the practice in), and a Maths project due in the week after next, which is all on that horrible Minitab program.

Just over a week left of this semester. Everything's gone seriously quickly since Christmas.

Politics was a piss take last semester and seems to have been routine so far this one. I've got away with really not doing any work on it at all and just turning up and idly listening to the lecturers for 3 hours a week.

Law subjects are going to be a bit of a pain though. I need to get a decent result in the Delict Exam and Unjustified Enrichment assignment (due the end of April) to get a B in the Private Law course following my mediocre Contract Exam last semester.

Don't know how the Family Law assignment is going to go but I did okay in the diagnostic exercise. Got the holidays to work on it anyway.

The Public Law course is just soul destroying but I seem to be doing okay in it. Got a horrible Legal Methods exercise I'm trying to get out the way just now (due in next Friday) which counts for 25% of the grade, then the Exam's left in May. Got a reasonable result in the Group Exercise earlier in the year so should be able to get a B overall.

Plenty to do over Easter anyway...

Maths test on Friday, lecturer went over whats going to be in it, nearly cried because it's 6 weeks of work I can't do :(

Anyone else noticed it doesn't matter how many times you say "I'm gonna put my head down and try hard" you never do?

Ach well ye can relax now. Ye were walkin about the day as if ye were waitin tae get the electric chair :lol:. Thats you half way to passing the module already.

Yer right sir. Ach well, if had the American wifey it would be fine. Our seminar teacher is harsh but fair. Think he just wanted tae outline all the negatives. Chick before me was superb and he had a go at her tae. Class participation 10% - piece of piss. You done those seminar questions for the moro?

Yer right sir. Ach well, if had the American wifey it would be fine. Our seminar teacher is harsh but fair. Think he just wanted tae outline all the negatives. Chick before me was superb and he had a go at her tae. Class participation 10% - piece of piss. You done those seminar questions for the moro?

Erm...aye :ph34r:.

(rushes off to get started)

Just over a week left of this semester. Everything's gone seriously quickly since Christmas.

Thats the same for me. I'm actually amazed how fast its gone. I've got 1 group project due in for Friday plus 3 assignment due in next week and thats me in terms of coursework. My Civil Engineering lectures finished today, Maths on Tuesday and then Physics next Friday. Choosing Physics as my outside subject for semester 2 was a bad choice. Its boring as hell and pretty difficult as well.

I did my presentation last week, and I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else present now, with the pressure off. (By the way, is it just me who talks about presentations and then wants to say "presentate" instead of "present"? I've done it more than once over the last few days, including once when a Vietnamese guy tried to comfort me on the standard of my English)

I think I missed a multiple choice test yesterday for Tourism, because the lecturer is so fucking bad I left half way through on Friday, and so wasn't told that the test was this week.

I realise that it's my own fault for not knowing about it, and that I shouldn't have left the lecture in the first place, but she started going on about how Cuba refused to buy American goods because it was so Communist. At that point, I went all Exuberant, stuck my hand up, told her she was fucking wrong and a complete moron (in slightly kinder words) and then left at the next available opportunity.

I've found the Maths not too bad, but it was probably my best subject at school. What textbooks is it you're working from, the Besanko and Mankiw ones?

The Lipsey and Crystal textbook. As I said, the first year stuff is pretty basic but I spoke to the course convenor of the second year economics and he said its really just calculas they focus on and I should be fine so long as I wasn't totally maths phobic. Still a chance that I will fail next year and have to take an extra second year.

Politics was a piss take last semester and seems to have been routine so far this one. I've got away with really not doing any work on it at all and just turning up and idly listening to the lecturers for 3 hours a week.

Law subjects are going to be a bit of a pain though. I need to get a decent result in the Delict Exam and Unjustified Enrichment assignment (due the end of April) to get a B in the Private Law course following my mediocre Contract Exam last semester.

Don't know how the Family Law assignment is going to go but I did okay in the diagnostic exercise. Got the holidays to work on it anyway.

The Public Law course is just soul destroying but I seem to be doing okay in it. Got a horrible Legal Methods exercise I'm trying to get out the way just now (due in next Friday) which counts for 25% of the grade, then the Exam's left in May. Got a reasonable result in the Group Exercise earlier in the year so should be able to get a B overall.

Plenty to do over Easter anyway...

That is what I do for all my subjectsunsure.gif . Or, in the case of history, go to one lecture in five.

It has been a decent enough term, hoping for a high B/low A in history essay but the fact it is over 500 words over the limit may work against me. Politics essay was decent enough to, a mid B would suffice. Economics group project was pretty shit, made worse by the fact I spent around £4 printing the fucking thing. I would take a C1 right now.

Nothing specific to do over the holidays but will be doing revision. Term is pretty much over for me as history and politics lectures are both finished and I only have one seminar for each subject left.

Economics group project was pretty shit, made worse by the fact I spent around £4 printing the fucking thing. I would take a C1 right now.

What did you need to do for your group project? In the first semester we had to make posters on the economies of a given country (as I'm doing Economic Principles and Applications as well as Economics I had to make 2). One was for Venezuela and one for Chad. Second semester we did a poster on how Estonia and Slovenia emerged from communism and analysed and compared their economies (which, sadly enough, I found pretty enjoyable).

I have done bugger all this semester, wasted all my money and have nothing to show for it. I have an essay for the 31st so its all change as of next week or there abouts. I think I might be one step closer to having a dissertation title aswell.

There's nothing worse than coming in for a lecture thinking you've turned up at an appropriate time before realising your an hour late. Happened to me the day <_<

Ever gone an hour early? I have, was one of the first into the lecture theatre and sat right in the middle of the row, before being penned in on both sides by big fat women. Had to sit through an hour of behavioural psychology.

Ever gone an hour early? I have, was one of the first into the lecture theatre and sat right in the middle of the row, before being penned in on both sides by big fat women. Had to sit through an hour of behavioural psychology.

Rule Number 1: back row.

Commitment if you stayed on for your own lecture after listening to that kind of shite. Aye, nothing worse than having a fattie on either side of ya. This kind of incident has never happened to me. Although, in the 2nd week of the semester, I went into lecture hall LTA3 instead of LTA4 for Managing Org. It got to 5 past before realising I was in the wrong lecture theatre, especially as there seemed to have been a fairly large contingent of Chinese people turning up but nae lecturer at that time. On walking in late to the correct subject, everyone does the usual turning their head and looking up to see who has just entered - nosy fuckers!