Who's Going To Uni?

I've noticed something recently. When I'm taking notes in lectures, I write in full capitals. I do it because my "handwriting", as such, is pretty fucking dreadful, and in a lecture I don't absolutely have to be going at lightning speed and don't have to writing very fluidly, so I can get away with capitals. However, the end result is that the only time I ever write normally is when I write essays in exams! I can't believe I haven't noticed this before. I'm sure it must have some sort of effect on my performance.

I'm sure that at some point (and more than likely quite regularly) I've lost marks in exams because of the poor standard of my handwriting. All of the vowels end up looking pretty much exactly the same, and my dots for i's and crosses for t's end up miles away from where they should be, making things even harder. If I was an examiner, I wouldn't bother my arse trying to decipher it. I don't know if they're a little more patient than me, though...

Has anyone ever actually taken the time to develop their handwriting to a more legible standard? I really think I'm going to have to.

I've noticed something recently. When I'm taking notes in lectures, I write in full capitals. I do it because my "handwriting", as such, is pretty fucking dreadful, and in a lecture I don't absolutely have to be going at lightning speed and don't have to writing very fluidly, so I can get away with capitals. However, the end result is that the only time I ever write normally is when I write essays in exams! I can't believe I haven't noticed this before. I'm sure it must have some sort of effect on my performance.

I'm sure that at some point (and more than likely quite regularly) I've lost marks in exams because of the poor standard of my handwriting. All of the vowels end up looking pretty much exactly the same, and my dots for i's and crosses for t's end up miles away from where they should be, making things even harder. If I was an examiner, I wouldn't bother my arse trying to decipher it. I don't know if they're a little more patient than me, though...

Has anyone ever actually taken the time to develop their handwriting to a more legible standard? I really think I'm going to have to.

I should, but I haven't. My revision is quite difficult because my handwriting is horrendous.

While abroad, I had the problem that the kids couldn't understand my writing at all, not surprising given that it looked a lot how you just described it. So I actually made the effort to change it. So in exams and important occasions, I write in very rounded clear lettering, with absolutely no joined up writing, and it looks pretty! Sadly, my default writing is still an undecipherable scrawl.:(

My handwriting has gotten progressively worse since I started secondary 4 and a half years ago and it is now at the stage where I rush essays so much that when I read over them at the end I realise I have missed out words every so often and ending half complete sentences :lol:

My handwriting alternates between extremely tidy and an absolute mess. Problem is it's really squashed and loopy at the same time. It was a relief to have the netbook for lectures last semester and even though it's now broken, I copy up lecture notes onto my desktop and print them for permanent records as otherwise every time I re-read I'll barely be able to interpret it.

When my handwriting is tidy, it's a lot less joined up, which makes me feel a bit inadequate.

While abroad, I had the problem that the kids couldn't understand my writing at all, not surprising given that it looked a lot how you just described it. So I actually made the effort to change it. So in exams and important occasions, I write in very rounded clear lettering, with absolutely no joined up writing, and it looks pretty! Sadly, my default writing is still an undecipherable scrawl.:(

I wish I had a tablet thing to show you all my handwriting (not in an acid-trip kind of way, you understand) because it really is shocking. I think I'll start taking notes slowly in lectures in normal writing, trying to keep it tidy, and then slowly speed it up through the semester, to the point where hopefully my hand can keep up with my thoughts, without leaving it looking like I've had a stroke at the start of the exam, but decided to soldier on with my dead side anyway.

I'm slightly concerned about economics, whilst it has been pretty decent this year there is a lot of maths in second year and as someone who didn't do higher maths I may not be able to get the C1 you need to get into honours. Unfortunately, politics and history are not really degrees I want to do so might have to cram 1st and 2nd Business Management into next year. Worst case scenario I need to do another year at uni before getting into honours but it is my own fault for applying on the deadline day and not properly researching my courses.

I've found the Maths not too bad, but it was probably my best subject at school. What textbooks is it you're working from, the Besanko and Mankiw ones?

I've decided I hate students.

Most of them are dicks of the highest order.

Don't agree that "most" are dicks but a high number are, mainly the zany characters who go to pub quizzes in dressing gowns or throw matresses out windows.

I've decided I hate students.

Most of them are dicks of the highest order.

Or smelly foreign c***s that like to stop in the middle of the corridor, MOVE YOU SMELLY b*****d!!

:lol: somone remove this please, i think the little boy must have been drinking

lol possibly but you cant tar them all with the same brush

People tar all Rangers supporters as glory hunting c***s so im doing the same thing back :P

yet to meet anyone I would want to meet outside of Uni, other than hot burds of course ;)

And whoever said this kid has had a drink was kinda of right, it was on a night out I had a philosophical moment and noticed I hated 90% of all students I see :unsure::lol:

This thread used to be buzzin.

Public Management Seminar today. All the c**t did was make us watch an episode of Yes Minister and then answer questions about it. Its like something your Modern Studies teacher would give you if they had a hangover :lol:.

Kev, that was a cracking seminar. What a skive :lol: