Who's Going To Uni?

Exam results have been coming through in drubs and drabs today. Got a 2C for Business and a 1C for accounts. Law is the one I think (know) that I messed up and it hasn't been posted yet. I don't reckon even the 2C I got for the essay will spare me a resit there.

Aye, it seems stupid that they're coming through by department, instead of just all in the one bundle. My girlfriend was in the same situation as you, in as much as she was waiting for ages for the one subject she knew she didn't do well in, and needed to know for resits.

I got a 2D for business, and a 3A for Leisure Management, which I'm pretty happy with. I don't give a f**k about Leisure, and a 2D is perfectly fine for Management, although I'm a little disappointed because I had a 2A for the coursework and thought I'd written a pretty good essay (although the second one was gaaaaaaaaash).

I got:

A 2A for Maths (which I'm in two minds about - I aim for a 2C in my subjects so I'm happy with that but in a way kinda pissed off because another couple of marks would have seen me with a 1C)

A 2A for Accounting (see Maths)

A 2B for Finance (which I'm DELIGHTED with, as I fucked up a project in the course and would have been happy with a 2F).

Why bother spending years at Uni accruing massive debt and gaining a certificate which is practically useless due to the fact that every Tom, Dick and Harry gets them nowadays?

Just buy a course from this site you could become a Doctor for just over a ten spot or even get yersel a PhD for fifty sheets.

Mugs the lot o' ye.

I used to love them when I was at Uni. One of the highlights of my course.

Might be the fact I've now had 3 and half years of Engineering lecturers which are totally different to what Law was like as well.

We have had to do courses in Economics, Management and now Law through my course, all taught out of department, and I haven't enjoyed any of them. Too much in my comfort zone me.

It seems we are mainly dealing with Contract Law which takes up 50% of the final exam with then the further 50% on Employment Law, Intellectual Property and Company Law which to me just seems so dull; although this is coming from a guy who enjoys Fluid Mechanics and Aeroelasticity.

Why bother spending years at Uni accruing massive debt and gaining a certificate which is practically useless due to the fact that every Tom, Dick and Harry gets them nowadays?

Just buy a course from this site you could become a Doctor for just over a ten spot or even get yersel a PhD for fifty sheets.

Mugs the lot o' ye.

Thanks to extremely generous government hand outs instead of leaving with student debts I am looking at a healthy surplus.

No, people who click on that links are mugs.

Thanks to extremely generous government hand outs instead of leaving with student debts I am looking at a healthy surplus.

No, people who click on that links are mugs.

I can see your education has improved your intelligence no end, there is but one link there (obviously not arithmetic you are studying) even if there was more than one link then surely you should say "people who click on those links are mugs" (looks like English is not your major either). ;)

I can see your education has improved your intelligence no end, there is but one link there (obviously not arithmetic you are studying) even if there was more than one link then surely you should say "people who click on those links are mugs" (looks like English is not your major either). wink.gif

Grammar correction is fun!

Clearly, what I meant to say was 'that link' and you know how valid another posters argument is when they dedicate a whole post to point out an out of place letter. I could point out the errors in the post above but what would that achieve?

Grammar correction is fun!

Clearly, what I meant to say was 'that link' and you know how valid another posters argument is when they dedicate a whole post to point out an out of place letter. I could point out the errors in the post above but what would that achieve?

Just trying to point out that even with your high standard of academia you are still prone to basic errors, proving that university education in the main is as worth while as some of those certificates which I posted a link to.

If you can't even manage to produce a two line post without mistakes then I fear that all the generous state sponsorship you have enjoyed has been a complete waste of time. How do you think you will get on when you have to produce a CV for prospective employers to consider?

Got a 1A for French, 1B for Philosophy and 2A for History somehow despite having had a 1B in the first essay, 1C in the second essay and the 'exam' only being worth 15%. Think they've got their sums wrong.

Just trying to point out that even with your high standard of academia you are still prone to basic errors, proving that university education in the main is as worth while as some of those certificates which I posted a link to.

Using circumstantial evidence of a first year student to discredit the entire university system - fail.

You were too thick to get into uni, weren't you? It shows.

Using circumstantial evidence of a first year student to discredit the entire university system - fail.

You were too thick to get into uni, weren't you? It shows.

;):lol: :lol:

Nice try, I was accepted to Napier and RGIT (as it was then) but decided to go to Nautical college instead. Worked out very well too, I am in a good job with 30 weeks leave per year and a very enviable salary. Thanks for your concern though.

Stonedsailor seems a wee bit bitter. He's actually right up to a point that certain degrees aren't very useful, you don't have to be very intelligent to get one and a lot of students are tossers, but his picking up on one typo (which obviously was a genuine mistake, as opposed to a case of the poster not knowing the grammatical rule) just gives the impression that he's one of those middle aged Tesco employees who feels bitter towards everyone who's done more with their life than he has, mistakenly believing that he could've easily been a top academic if he'd really wanted to on the basis that he's read The Da Vinci Code.

I hope that my grammar has been okay in this post, really long sentence notwithstanding, but let me know if it hasn't.

1C for Business - pretty happy with that. Good coursework and had a solid enough exam performance.

2D for Sport - again, happy with that. The sports module has been an absolute joke this semester. Essays handed in November 18th, 3 week return policy, one women marking all the essays - only got returned on Friday.

FAO Stirling Uni students - do you get re-sits in 3rd year or does whatever you get in exam count towards your degree? Thinking about going overseas to coach next summer so not having re-sits would be pretty sweet.

Stonedsailor seems a wee bit bitter. He's actually right up to a point that certain degrees aren't very useful, you don't have to be very intelligent to get one and a lot of students are tossers, but his picking up on one typo (which obviously was a genuine mistake, as opposed to a case of the poster not knowing the grammatical rule) just gives the impression that he's one of those middle aged Tesco employees who feels bitter towards everyone who's done more with their life than he has, mistakenly believing that he could've easily been a top academic if he'd really wanted to on the basis that he's read The Da Vinci Code.

I hope that my grammar has been okay in this post, really long sentence notwithstanding, but let me know if it hasn't.

FAIL

^^^

verge of tears.

Only at the fortunes of my football club at the moment.

Travelled the world on a decent salary, more time off than the Queen, paid for my house and car, LOADS of time to sit in front of a PC and wind up people, I love my life. Apart from the football thing.

Only the first letter of a sentence should begin with a capital letter, and there should be a full stop at the end.

Here to help.

Cheers for that but I don't have exams to pass or jobs to find so I don't think I care that much.

Cheers for that but I don't have exams to pass or jobs to find so I don't think I care that much.

You "don't think" you care?

Dear me, perhaps if you'd chosen a degree at University instead of learning how to "come aboard" you'd have more insight into what your mind truly wants.