Who's Going To Uni?

When do Glasgow get our exam results? Can't remember how early/late it was last year.

2nd year doing History/Politics since it's my 1st post in this thread.

Ha, you might be in my sister's class for politics. I've just asked her and she said she's getting them back on the 18th if that's any help.

• 3 weeks later...

First day back for me today<_<

Currently doing anything but write up my technical essay for my Project. To be in for Monday at about 4000 words so should be alright once I get going.

PS: How can anyone enjoy law lectures??

I Think they start by being Lawyers to be honest.

Not meaning to sound flippant, but my girlfriend is a lawyer in the corporate sector and once admitted to being fascinated by taxation law.

It takes all sorts I guess.

Edited by renton

How often does the law differ "radically"? :huh:

Not often! A textbook from a couple of years ago is perfectly fine for first year considering it's the basics you are learning! Obviously academic are just conning b*****ds bringing out the same book every couple of years and getting students to buy them.

I personally think anyone who does go out and buy a shitload of books are idiots with more money than sense. They are extortionate, I just use the library and haven't bought a book since 1st year.

Not often! A textbook from a couple of years ago is perfectly fine for first year considering it's the basics you are learning! Obviously academic are just conning b*****ds bringing out the same book every couple of years and getting students to buy them.

I personally think anyone who does go out and buy a shitload of books are idiots with more money than sense. They are extortionate, I just use the library and haven't bought a book since 1st year.

I bought one book in 1st year that I have never had the need to read before. Would never buy another, complete waste of money

On behalf of everyone at Stirling, can I just say...

Ha! Ha! Booyah! Suck it!

We're not back until the 17th.

Of February.

Don't you have an exam diet in January though? Glasgow had the Winter Diet before Christmas.

IIRC, we finish 2nd Semester teaching period in the last week of March.

Nope, had exams in December.

So, as I was saying before... na na na nana sucks to be you!

How on earth are you off for over a month then? :angry: I'm presuming your 2nd semester must finish considerably later then... how long to you get at Easter?

How on earth are you off for over a month then? :angry: I'm presuming your 2nd semester must finish considerably later then... how long to you get at Easter?

These are our semester dates for this year:

Autumn Semester Monday 14 September 2009 - Monday 21 December 2009

Teaching Starts: Wednesday 16 September 2009

Mid-semester break: Monday 26 October 2009 - Friday 30 October 2009 (inclusive)

Teaching Ends: Tuesday 1 December 2009

Examination Period Begins: Tuesday 8 December 2009

Spring Semester: Monday 15 February 2010 - Saturday 5 June 2010

Teaching Starts: Wednesday 17 February 2010

Mid-semester break: Friday 2 April 2010 - Friday 9 April 2010 (inclusive)

Teaching Ends: Friday 7 May 2010

Examination Period Begins: Tuesday 18 May 2010

Exam results have been coming through in drubs and drabs today. Got a 2C for Business and a 1C for accounts. Law is the one I think (know) that I messed up and it hasn't been posted yet. I don't reckon even the 2C I got for the essay will spare me a resit there.

First day back for me today<_<

Currently doing anything but write up my technical essay for my Project. To be in for Monday at about 4000 words so should be alright once I get going.

PS: How can anyone enjoy law lectures??

I used to love them when I was at Uni. One of the highlights of my course.