Who's Going To Uni?

I have completed my final essay. I only need to complete the hours required to finish my final placement (which should have been done this week but having a chest infections in December, I was off sick for a bit) and I will have done it. I will have a degree. I cannot bloody wait. I don't have a job to go to so it'll be like being on holiday. Or the dole.

Couple of my mates have unconditionals. Glasgow seem to be handing them out Early, aswell as UWS and Robert Gordon. I've heard nothing yet, but a girl I know has 2 unsuccessfuls already, so I guess having no offers yet isn't so bad..

My mate heard back from Heriot Watt but i not heard back yet

That's all my application sent away. No particular order in choices.

k6r9m7i.jpg

Just found this thread by accident. I'm waiting on the Uni's getting back to me and I may well end up meeting you :lol: I've applied for Napier and Caley Journalism and UWS Sports Journalism.

Few of my friends have got offers but they are (slightly weirdly) the ones who got worse grades last year than me. Not panicking yet, no news is better than bad news an' all that!

Just found this thread by accident. I'm waiting on the Uni's getting back to me and I may well end up meeting you :lol: I've applied for Napier and Caley Journalism and UWS Sports Journalism.

Few of my friends have got offers but they are (slightly weirdly) the ones who got worse grades last year than me. Not panicking yet, no news is better than bad news an' all that!

Perhaps see you at UWS ;)

Received an unsuccessful from Edinburgh Napier today, heads gone etc :(

I have completed my final essay. I only need to complete the hours required to finish my final placement (which should have been done this week but having a chest infections in December, I was off sick for a bit) and I will have done it. I will have a degree. I cannot bloody wait. I don't have a job to go to so it'll be like being on holiday. Or the dole.

I have 7 different job applications in and I'm not expecting to even hear back from any of them. Everywhere wants post-registration experience. The b*****ds.

Sent off my application just before Christmas:

• Edinburgh Napier - Social Science
  • RGU - Social Science
  • Dundee - European Studies and International Relations
  • Stirling - History, Politics and Professional Education
  • St Andrews - International Relations and Modern History

Both of the Social Science courses are for year 2 entry as that's what I currently do an HNC in. So we'll see what happens!

Glasgow uni has fucked up getting equipment delivered for my Masters project meaning I have to do 120 credits this semester. I need to get a 2:1 for the graduate position I've been offered. Starting tomorrow these next few months will be harrowing.

An 11 hour library shift isn't doesn't qualify as a marathon I'm afraid. Regular study day for many.

The last couple of months of my Senior Honours I was doing 12-14 hour shifts most of the time. It was pretty stressful and I did go a little mad not made any easier by splitting up with my girlfriend in February just before the final stretch.

My advice, which no one will follow is this. Get as much as your dissertation done as soon as possible and don't leave it to the last couple of months. It's difficult to fit in with course work and everything else but believe me it will help a lot and reduce stress when you are trying to finish off course work.

I wrote and submitted something like 35,000 words in the last 10 days of the term which was pretty hellish.

I'm heading to Heriot Watt in September, for any current/past students on here, how much of a pain in the arse is living out at Riccarton in 1st year? a wee part of me is wishing i'd picked Napier just so i'd be properly in town. Although it certainly won't be boring i'd probably prefer to have more of a city life.

I'm heading to Heriot Watt in September, for any current/past students on here, how much of a pain in the arse is living out at Riccarton in 1st year? a wee part of me is wishing i'd picked Napier just so i'd be properly in town. Although it certainly won't be boring i'd probably prefer to have more of a city life.

Hear its a bit of a trek - can you not live in halls closer to town and commute out that way instead?

Hear its a bit of a trek - can you not live in halls closer to town and commute out that way instead?

I could, but the University-owned flats in town are much more expensive I'm sure, probably too expensive for me.

Edited by Fratelli

I could, but the University-owned flats in town are much more expensive I'm sure, probably too expensive for me.

Oh right, will be a pain in the arse for nights out having to get back out there i would imagine but its a better uni than napier so your prob making the right decision!