Who's Going To Uni?

Doesn't it try to evaluate socially significant events that have happened in the past though?

'Socially significant events' is a catch-all, meaningless term champ.

Karl Marx was a historical materialist. He could also be considered an early sociologist..

Historical materialism history

On the evidence of the two above, basic failures you'll fit right in with the sociology program offered at your nearest clown college.

Edited by vikingTON

'Socially significant events' is a catch-all, meaningless term champ. 

Historical materialism ≠ history

On the evidence of the two above, basic failures you'll fit right in with the sociology program offered at your nearest clown college.

I'm actually sticking with Psychology..

You know there's not much need to be patronising ALL the time..

I was just asking..

• 3 weeks later...

Another strike at Glasgow uni today. I was speaking to a friend last night, who will be manning the picket lines, apparently 'Scabby' the giant inflatable rat shall be attending to put people off using university services just before exams begin. Very pleasant.

Guest honestrae95

Another strike at Glasgow uni today. I was speaking to a friend last night, who will be manning the picket lines, apparently 'Scabby' the giant inflatable rat shall be attending to put people off using university services just before exams begin. Very pleasant.

My lecture today was cancelled so I don't have to go in and put up with their shite. Don't think it was cancelled because of the strike though.

Extra hour in bed and it means I can get torn into the books.

Time to bring a sharp pin I think.

Think there was a strike at Stirling today, vaguely remember having an e-mail about it.

I've no exams this semester so finished for Christmas on Friday there, not back until February. Scenes.

Had a bit of a shocker in my first semester, reckon I've failed my History module due to failing to submit a piece of coursework on time and patching lectures/any sort of revision since late September. Enjoying Uni for the most part though.

There was a massive turn out at Edinburgh's King's Buildings picket line - three people.

I'd assume there will be a bigger turnout at central/ the main library.

There was about 15 outside the main library before 9 this morning, I was planning on going in but went to Hugh Rob instead when I saw them. Would never cross a picket line.

My dissertation is really doing my tits in. I'm working through the literature review, but as I tend to be quite concise with points, my word count is embarrassingly low (2000 words so far). I've got another couple of areas to discuss, but I fear I am going to fall well short of the suggest 3500 words.

I've read through previous dissertations from last year, and on average, I would say that each literature review has been 15 and 20 references. I have at least 30 so far, but I expect to be well above 40 before I finish.

My dissertation is really doing my tits in. I'm working through the literature review, but as I tend to be quite concise with points, my word count is embarrassingly low (2000 words so far). I've got another couple of areas to discuss, but I fear I am going to fall well short of the suggest 3500 words.

I've read through previous dissertations from last year, and on average, I would say that each literature review has been 15 and 20 references. I have at least 30 so far, but I expect to be well above 40 before I finish.

I remember just inventing references to fill the list and slotting names in through the text, e.g. (Adam et al 2013) for mine.

Do lecturers even bother to check them btw?

I remember just inventing references to fill the list and slotting names in through the text, e.g. (Adam et al 2013) for mine.

Do lecturers even bother to check them btw?

No idea! I have considered making up references to suit my argument, but that will almost certainly be the only reference checked by my supervisor...