Who's Going To Uni?

Here's my dilemma: my aim is to attend Stirling University, studying Journalism with Sports. It's says on the website that I need 4 B's, which I firmly believe is achievable.

However, it does say that they would prefer at least a SG credit pass at PE. Now, I don't have that because I never sat the subject and I'm not planning on sitting it in my final year, so will it be unlikely that I will get a place?

I thought it was the 11th of June as well.

Aaaah f**k, at times like this I wish I'd bothered to turn up to class and do a bit of revision. Out of the 60 possible tutorials/lectures, I think I went to about 7 or 8. Had an online test for one module worth 10% of the overall grade, but I forgot to sit in the given time limit. I also turned up for an exam 5 minutes late, but they still let me in. Nutters.

Ended up passing everything with marks in the high 60s/low 70s.

Got a C2 in beginners Italian. Delighted just to pass, only took that course to learn the language so glad to not have to resit

Leaves me just waiting on politics, so far got an A5, B1 B2 and C2 in my first year. Better than expected anyway. Pleased overall :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Had my 2:1 confirmed yesterday, which was pleasing. Seem to have done very well in my final exams and dissertation, just came a little too late for a burst up to a First. Can't say I'm too bothered though, a 2:1 will do me. My mate was a solitary mark away from a First. That must be annoying.

Here's my dilemma: my aim is to attend Stirling University, studying Journalism with Sports. It's says on the website that I need 4 B's, which I firmly believe is achievable.

However, it does say that they would prefer at least a SG credit pass at PE. Now, I don't have that because I never sat the subject and I'm not planning on sitting it in my final year, so will it be unlikely that I will get a place?

Why not just do Int 2 PE in your final year? You're bound to have a free column/skivy subject you can bump for it. You'd probably be fine but better safe than sorry.

Email the admissions department of the university and they will tell you.

I'd imagine that it wouldn't be essential.

Got my results a few days ago. Passed all of my classes with a high enough GPA to continue with the M.Eng. I was delighted with my results and I am actually quite looking forward to starting 4th year now. Finished with 5 A's, 2 B's, 2 C's and 1 D in 3rd year Aeronautical Engineering.

Anyone else not received SAAS payments this month?

I'm sure they've finished. I'm not expecting mine until August/September now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app