Who's Going To Uni?

I didn't even take Higher English. How do you think I feel?

To be fair, higher English is only available to Scotland. Presumably those from south of the border will take lower English. Who will be in Scotland before whom is up for debate.

That explains why you're incapable of reading my posts. :P

Much like on here, I spent much of my time in Higher English outside the class, setting off rape alarms, mocking the teacher, causing trouble, and generally causing trouble.

And much like on here, I was too box office and too good to get actually slung out! :D

Edited by xbl

Much like on here, I spent much of my time in Higher English outside the class, setting off rape alarms, mocking the teacher, causing trouble, and generally causing trouble.

And much like on here, I was too box office and too good to get actually slung out! :D

I spent most of Higher English in the next room along playing the grand piano because I hated the teacher (who was a sour faced old cow) and she literally did not notice when I just walked out. Then again Higher English was probably one of my most unpleasant experiences as I watched the fall-out of a VERY protracted break-up involving a girl I liked but never had the guts to ask out, both of them sitting in the row in front of me bickering all year.

Looking back; lucky escape.

I might do History of Medicine as an outside, apparently it only has one 2000 word essay to do for coursework.

History is so box office all the important people are in it. 8)

Edinburgh, aye?

I'd heartily recommend History of Medicine and its sister course History of Science as ridiculously easy courses to do that require little to no work throughout the semester. If you're able to take it Logic in the school of philosophy is another that is a good way to take up credits for very little effort.

My flatmate managed to pass both History of Medicine and History of Science by attending zero lectures and writing his essays in literally a day. So basically a full course of credits for no work.

When I had free credits I stupidly took physics and a course called "Entrepreneurship and Enterprise For Scientists and Engineers" which, despite it's name, can be taken by anyone and is basically Higher business management so I'd recommend it if you've done it before.

I've only ever sat standard grades and two intermediate twos, never once achieving the highest grade. In September I will be going into my honours year on target to achieve a 2:1.

Think I got a B at int 2.

Maths was my worst subject though, I failed int2 and got a 4 at general level. I cannot stand maths.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Edited by SweeperDee

My flatmate managed to pass both History of Medicine and History of Science by attending zero lectures and writing his essays in literally a day. So basically a full course of credits for no work.

When I had free credits I stupidly took physics and a course called "Entrepreneurship and Enterprise For Scientists and Engineers" which, despite it's name, can be taken by anyone and is basically Higher business management so I'd recommend it if you've done it before.

I made the same mistake in choosing Physics as an outside course as well. I also did 'Computer Programming Skills and Concepts' which had a decent amount of coursework though did have the advantage of access to a computing lab in Appleton Tower with free printing.

Any of you Stirling cuntos fancy telling me how degree classification is worked? As far as I can tell if your 'average grade' from your modules in third and fourth year is above a 2F, and 66% of your grades are above a 2F, you get a 2:1? That right?

Final exams are tomorrow and Thursday, so naturally I'm doing everything I can to avoid revision.

Edited by Paco

Officially you're meant to have a higher and no experience in your chosen language but in practice you should be fine. All depends on how many are enrolled that year. Let them know you're keen and you'll be fine

I was the same boat as you - dropped French after int 2. Well worth it the beginners course - learned more in a year there than I did from 7 years French at school

Sounds good, just need to decide which one I'd want to do. Cheers.

^^^ Thinks that Advanced Highers actually matter, gees.

It's amazing to watch the likes of yourself get so badly rattled, you struggle to follow the thread. Read carefully:

SweeperDee brought up his qualifications in a flailing attempt to become the voice of authority: these qualifications were bitch-slapped by my superior qualifications. His loss. For the record, the only qualifications I find relevant are those from higher education, but our Dundee brain trust went there, so I did,. And won. As usual.

It's amazing to watch the likes of yourself get so badly rattled, you struggle to follow the thread. Read carefully:

SweeperDee brought up his qualifications in a flailing attempt to become the voice of authority: these qualifications were bitch-slapped by my superior qualifications. His loss. For the record, the only qualifications I find relevant are those from higher education, but our Dundee brain trust went there, so I did,. And won. As usual.

Your advanced years are the only reason you are better qualified, buddy.

But yeah, you won. Well done "champ".

Btw, what on earth is this? > "so I did,."

Punctuation is all over the place there.

Edited by SweeperDee

Your advanced years are the only reason you are better qualified, buddy.

Incorrect. You sat the same qualification and received a lower grade. Which is why my criticisms stand despite all efforts to discredit yours truly. Better luck next time.

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif