Who's Going To Uni?

ata-cid='7341832' name='vikingTON' timestamp='1368452024' post='7341832']

Have you got an A in virgin studies to?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

:lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Before you point it out VT, i meant too. Typo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

You're lucky you corrected that one in time.

Oh shit kara_Hibee has appeared, quick VT get your flights booked to 'America'.

I got back from the US a week ago champ: but don't let the facts get in the way of your utterly desperate efforts to become a P&B Hero.

Ye I'm at Glasgow. It was level 1 beginners Italian. Lasts the 2 semesters and basically teaches the language from scratch. Good if you're hoping to study the language further or if like me you just wanna learn the language

I'd been meaning to learn again for years and this forced me into it. Gave me no way to escape it :P

Did you have to take a language at Higher to do that? I wouldn't mind doing a language as my third subject when I start but I dropped French after Int 2 so don't know if I can.

Officially you're meant to have a higher and no experience in your chosen language but in practice you should be fine. All depends on how many are enrolled that year. Let them know you're keen and you'll be fine

I was the same boat as you - dropped French after int 2. Well worth it the beginners course - learned more in a year there than I did from 7 years French at school

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Guest honestrae95

Oh shit kara_Hibee has appeared, quick VT get your flights booked to 'America'.

I got back from the US a week ago champ: but don't let the facts get in the way of your utterly desperate efforts to become a P&B Hero.

Well, you didn't...

I'm planning to change course and take History next year so round the load of ees apart from VT. I've hated the courses I chose so I'm getting back to the stuff I liked at school.

Anything but the Nazis though. Sick of them from school.

I might do History of Medicine as an outside, apparently it only has one 2000 word essay to do for coursework.

History is so box office all the important people are in it.  8)

History was written by the victors. Never forget that. :ph34r:

History was written by the victors. Never forget that. :ph34r:

History is for Winners only.

What if the winners were bad guys?

Does it matter, they are winners, so therefore they can't be the bad guys if they write history. until they lose that is.

It's not 'relaxed': it's 'wrong. It makes no sense. It is a giant word salad of fail.

Which leaves our more distinguished readers questioning the wider merit of your two-bob course: given its lesser students emerge without even a basic grasp of their native language.

I have a Higher A in English, an Advanced Higher A in English, a First Class Honours in a subject that requires an extensive grasp of the English language, and a Masters in the same discipline.

This is where you toddle off the thread with your tail between your legs. Unlucky.

^^^ Thinks that Advanced Highers actually matter, gees.

Does it matter, they are winners, so therefore they can't be the bad guys if they write history. until they lose that is.

So winners can't be bad guys..

Right.. :huh:

Edinburgh, aye?

I'd heartily recommend History of Medicine and its sister course History of Science as ridiculously easy courses to do that require little to no work throughout the semester. If you're able to take it Logic in the school of philosophy is another that is a good way to take up credits for very little effort.

might struggle at the logic part :P . It got publicised by a student website so hopefully they don't change it or have a sudden rush of applicants.

So winners can't be bad guys..

Right.. :huh:

They write the history books as the victors so will make them seem the good guys. My head hurts from thinking philosophically.