Who's Going To Uni?

It's great fun when you've got to phone them later in the summer and you get the countdown "you are now number 3 million in the cue...". I'm gonna sort mine next week for 3rd year, got an extra bairn to add on to it this year two, will probably scramble their system and f**k things up for everybody!

Another reason I want mine done out of the way before the rush starts at the end of June! I can't bear the phonecalls, and I'm bound to have to make one because there's always something else they want after I've sent everything they've asked for. We've another one to add this year as well, so between us, we'll well and truly balls them up.

Get a job instead.

Yeah, having a job is actually less effort than filling out SAAS forms. Whilst I'm sitting making coffee for money I will be laughing at all my friends tearing their hair out filling out forms.

I've got my final exam tomorrow and it's an open book exam, now I can't work out if this is a hiderence, since I've sort of neglected serious revision since I get my notes. But on the other hand, it's over several hundred pages long.

Any tips for making sure I can read and finding relevant parts if my notes and allowing enough time to write enough for 4, 25 mark questions. I'm thinking a highlighter and possibly typing out some set paragraphs I can just copy if the right question comes up.

I've got my final exam tomorrow and it's an open book exam, now I can't work out if this is a hiderence, since I've sort of neglected serious revision since I get my notes. But on the other hand, it's over several hundred pages long.

Any tips for making sure I can read and finding relevant parts if my notes and allowing enough time to write enough for 4, 25 mark questions. I'm thinking a highlighter and possibly typing out some set paragraphs I can just copy if the right question comes up.

I had an open book exam last December and found it was a hindrance. My strong recommendation to you is to thoroughly revise (or as much as you would for any other exam) the subject so that the book is only there if you need to check or give a more complete answer

Finished for the summer on Wednesday. First two exams went well and the third one was a little tricky but nothing too difficult although you wouldn't guess that from the Facebook groups for the modules with half the students (the same ones that have to organise every tedious course night out) loudly whinging about how badly they've failed and how the papers were worse than they expected even though half the questions were lifted from specimens posted online. Well that's probably 'cause you revised the day before and nothing else. I thought that boasting about how little you've revised for a test or whatever had died out in high school. dry.gif

Shit, does a sibling doing some course at Glasgow school of art merit an inclusion in my SAAS application in the sibling student bit? f**k knows if they classify that as higher education. I'm assuming nae.

Had two exams last week that I thought went fairly well and got my last one of second year on Monday.

Can't wait to get it out of the way and let the 4 month summer holiday commence.

Aye, I'm fucking ecstatic I'm finished, great feeling, especially when I thought I was going to do fairly poorly in all three and came out thinking i've passed them all. :D

I had my first exam today. My next two aren't until the 17th and 18th.

Looks like I'm not going back to university after the summer. I'm moving (well actually already moved) to Inverness. I think I will miss my SAAS payments the most.

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

First exam over this morning, I was thinking I was going to fail, now that may well happen, but I'm feeling a lot more confident about it.

Shame I can't even relax, as I've got my next one tomorrow morning and then my final one on Thursday afternoon. It's not too bad thouhg, since the tutor gave us some major hints and has given us the 20 mark calculation number for number, it's just a case of remembering it, plus hoping the other questions are nice. Then Thurday's is an open book exam, which will probably be worse, cause I've got over 400 pages of notes for the exam. dry.gif

I had an open book exam last December and found it was a hindrance. My strong recommendation to you is to thoroughly revise (or as much as you would for any other exam) the subject so that the book is only there if you need to check or give a more complete answer

I had an open book exam on Monday and its one of the hardest exams I've ever sat.

My first 2 exams went ok though. I have one left on Tuesday and thats me done for summer. I cannot wait!

Not uni, but I had my graded unit exams yesterday. Quite confident that I done well in the first paper but fairly certain that I've made an arse of one of the four questions in the second paper. Hoping that overall I've done enough to pass which will see me going into third year at Caley in September to study Business Management.

Obviously people will say that it's a Mickey Mouse uni, but I'll be delighted if I get in, considering that I never had any intention of going into further education when I left school eight years ago.

Got an essay back today for my politics course on Egalitarianism and its Critics. A5 in the bag for 1/10th of my honours degree classification. Go me. Think I made a slight hash of my other politics exam though (Citizenship & Democracy) and was unhappy with my 2nd essay so that could be an overall B1 or B2 if it's been a bomb, which would be annoying as I was sitting just above an A4 going into the exam. Sitting just above a B1 going into my Human Rights law exam on Thursday. Hoping to get a B1 or better overall, which will require just to do better than a B3 average in the exam.

Would be happy with junior honours year if I came out of it sitting on high Bs/low As. Was also reasonably happy with EU law which I don't really need to to that well in (just a pre-requisite level 2 course). Hopefully I don't completely f**k up and have to do resits because I'm supposed to be going to Belgrade for the European University Debating Champs in August.

Edited by Ad Lib

Exams are finished, and for someone who has done exams in ascending levels of difficulty for about 5/6 years (maybe a slight dip between highers and 1st year uni) then is the top of the pyramid - next year I've only got two instead of 4 *insert pleasing gif*.

Bit of a strange one today, aced first question, tried second one totally bombed it for 20 minutes so decided to abandon it and do something else. Never a wise move, but decisive and it was rescued. Surprised if it's less than a A tbh, but I'm teetering at B2.5 for the coursework so need at least A3/A4 to get a 1st overall. Cause that's a 30 credits one it'd be massive if I could sneak an A.

Every single exam has followed the strange pattern of brilliant first question, underwhelming (second) question. Really don't know why.

I am also going to be around low A (you don't get high As) and high B like Ad Lib - who I saw today but I don't think he recognised me unsure.gif

Although I'm pretty sure you don't get honours resits - at least not in my subject. The f**k would I be around to do them anyway.

Edited by Supras

Glee FAIL

Never been happier in all of life,

Since the day that I moved to Fife,

Spare me. dry.gif

That seriously makes me want to block up Scotland's Secret Bunker and drop a nuclear bomb on St Andrews during Freshers.

Edited by Hedgecutter