Who's Going To Uni?

Aerospace Engineering came out last week sometime and I'm so chuffed with 4 A's(including my Individual and Group projects), 2 B's and a D in the most insane course I've ever sat.

Coupled with last semester's results this means I'm currently sitting on a First but I fully expect that to drop down to a 2:1 as fifth year is meant to be brutal.

Still waiting on our pointless Law result which we have been told will be out tomorrow

School of Law managing to be total twats about publishing exam results. If they don't appear by tomorrow (as was implied by an email to everyone this morning which said results would be published "at some point this week")...

Surely they have until Friday? :huh:

See, you didn't say that. You just said "this week" ;)

No, I said:

If they don't appear by tomorrow (as was implied by an email to everyone this morning which said results would be published "at some point this week") they have missed the official registry deadline for *ALL* exams

It would appear you've misunderstood the parenthesis.

To simplify:

Registry says they must appear "by tomorrow"

Law Faculty states they will be published "at some point this week"

The inference of what the Law Faculty said in their email is that we won't necessarily get our results by the deadline ("by tomorrow") but "at some point this week" which means they could arrive instead on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, all of which are late.

Is that clear?

Rather than admit your explanation was shocking, you've dug yourself into a deeper hole :lol:

Bless :)

Do you even know what parenthesis does? It adds extra information to a sentence which, if removed, still makes perfect sense.

"If they don't appear by tomorrow (as was implied by an email to everyone this morning which said results would be published "at some point this week") they have missed the official registry deadline for *ALL* exams"

The brackets provide parenthesis. Without the brackets you simply have:

"If they don't appear by tomorrow they have missed the official registry deadline for *ALL* exams"

The parenthesis adds the following information: it "was implied by an email to everyone this morning" that the School of Law results "(won't) appear by tomorrow" but rather "said results would be published "at some point this week".

I'll let you wallow in your own failure at interpretation.

First Law result in (Sources and Institutions of Scots Law) and it's a B1. Chuffed with that as it means I must have averaged between B1 and A5 in the 4 essays in the final exam, which is great given I didn't even finish one of them and I was just hoping to scrape a B. :)

Now c'mon School of Law... publish the Family Law and Principles of Property and Obligation quickly so I can enjoy the rest of the summer!

First Law result in (Sources and Institutions of Scots Law) and it's a B1. Chuffed with that as it means I must have averaged between B1 and A5 in the 4 essays in the final exam, which is great given I didn't even finish one of them and I was just hoping to scrape a B. :)

Now c'mon School of Law... publish the Family Law and Principles of Property and Obligation quickly so I can enjoy the rest of the summer!

Got a B2 for my pointless Law exam, Elements of Law for Engineers

Also wee surprise to see an A5 from last semester bumped up to a A2:blink: Net result is an honours band rise of 0.02!

No, I said:

It would appear you've misunderstood the parenthesis.

To simplify:

Registry says they must appear "by tomorrow"

Law Faculty states they will be published "at some point this week"

The inference of what the Law Faculty said in their email is that we won't necessarily get our results by the deadline ("by tomorrow") but "at some point this week" which means they could arrive instead on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, all of which are late.

Is that clear?

^^^

Word salad.

At least you have no resists, C2 for POPO though? Welcome to the world of the C student.

Do you even know what parenthesis does? It adds extra information to a sentence which, if removed, still makes perfect sense.

"If they don't appear by tomorrow (as was implied by an email to everyone this morning which said results would be published "at some point this week") they have missed the official registry deadline for *ALL* exams"

The brackets provide parenthesis. Without the brackets you simply have:

"If they don't appear by tomorrow they have missed the official registry deadline for *ALL* exams"

The parenthesis adds the following information: it "was implied by an email to everyone this morning" that the School of Law results "(won't) appear by tomorrow" but rather "said results would be published "at some point this week".

I'll let you wallow in your own failure at interpretation.

^^^ Wailing at the screen.

Thanks for announcing my exam results before I've had the chance, Supras...

Anyway a B3 in Family Law and a C2 in POPO. Mildly disappointed at POPO as I thought I'd done enough to scrape a B, but overall I've got to be satisfied with 1st year. Law Diploma subjects on a GPA of 13.25 is comfortably more than needed to get onto the Diploma so far and overall GPA of 141/6 over all subjects means easily on course for Honours. Most of all, no resits :)

Edited by Ad Lib

Thanks for announcing my exam results before I've had the chance, Supras...

My word salad post looked a little thin. <_<

My own results were:

History B3

Economics B3

Politics C1

As with last year, all my results are greater than that of my coursework, so it is clear where the problem lies. Same B3 average as in December, I embrace such mediocrity.

Well done everyone with good results :D

Got my final results for my modules back (all coursework, but hadn't got the final assignments back) and I'm pretty happy

A4

A5

2x B1

2x B2

B3 - which was for performance which I was expecting at most a C :D

score.

Edited by Mushroom