Who's Going To Uni?

Mechanics and Game Theory at 2pm this afternoon.

I've done pretty well in the module so far - 21/30 for a class test and 23/30 for a project gives me 11.66% and 12.77% of my grade so far respectively.

A decent performance in the exam (should do alright as I'm getting between 90 and 100 out of 120 in the past paper) could see me getting a high 2, possibly a 1 (I could calculate it better if Stirling weren't so bloody secretive about their grading systems).

Ive pretty much dingied the studying. Really cannae go it the now. Hopefully I can still scrape it. Good luck tomorrow anyway the ones that are doing Management.

How did you lot find the exam then?

I wrote a belter (I think) of an essay on Globalisation, fired out a detailed analysis on five of Friedman's flattening forces.

The other essay I did was the Operations one, which was 80% Yield and 20% JIT. I did the Just in Time bit first, and then ended up just scribbling down everything I could remember about Yield in the last half hour.

Combined with my marks from the project, I should have done enough to pass well-ish.

Leisure Management tomorrow, though. *sigh*

I wrote a belter (I think) of an essay on Globalisation, fired out a detailed analysis on five of Friedman's flattening forces.

The other essay I did was the Operations one, which was 80% Yield and 20% JIT. I did the Just in Time bit first, and then ended up just scribbling down everything I could remember about Yield in the last half hour.

Combined with my marks from the project, I should have done enough to pass well-ish.

Not too badly actually. My Globalisation one was quite decent as well. I cannae mind what the other one I did was about lol. Touch wood but I don't think I have failed. See wit happens.

I have Law in about half an hour and then thats me for the year.

Aye, did you talk about overbooking, market segmentation etc for yield? I spoke about all these factors and the advantages and disadvantages of each. I also done the question on how marketing has developed over time i.e fragmentation/unification/segmentation etc which was decent enough.

Aye, did you talk about overbooking, market segmentation etc for yield? I spoke about all these factors and the advantages and disadvantages of each. I also done the question on how marketing has developed over time i.e fragmentation/unification/segmentation etc which was decent enough.

I didn't mention overbooking, and struggled to really get market segmentation properly. My Yield bit was really poor, I spent ages trying to remember the diagram and then gave up, and just wrote a pretty basic answer that didn't even really have much of a structure.

I think my Globalisation and JIT bits were good enough to make up for it though.

I didn't mention overbooking, and struggled to really get market segmentation properly. My Yield bit was really poor, I spent ages trying to remember the diagram and then gave up, and just wrote a pretty basic answer that didn't even really have much of a structure.

I think my Globalisation and JIT bits were good enough to make up for it though.

Great stuff man. Did the book you read online help? Thought the questions were pretty kind. Globalisation was a superb question to get for everyone who studied it.

rw - I'm sure last year they were released at different times. I got my economics mark far quicker than management or law in first year but may be different now.

Great stuff man. Did the book you read online help? Thought the questions were pretty kind. Globalisation was a superb question to get for everyone who studied it.

Yeh, that book was actually brilliant. It properly explained all the flattening forces, and gave proper full comprehensive examples from real companies/countries. So when it came to picking five for that question it was easy, and I had good examples to hand.

Contract actually went okay today. The problem question was reasonably straightforward and the explanation question was straight forward enough. I forgot the names of the crucial cases for Facility and Circumvention, but explained the essential facts of them, which should hopefully be sufficient.

Just Politics left on Wednesday before I bail to Aberdeen for Christmas :D

I forgot the names of the crucial cases for Facility and Circumvention, but explained the essential facts of them, which should hopefully be sufficient.

My writing is awful, so when I foget cases (which is often) I just scribble and hope the examiner gives me the benefirt of the doubt.

Think it tends to work

I fucking hate Stirling Uni exam timetable scheduling. Nae so much that I always have exams on consecutive days as everyone will experience that at some point. However, the end of semester exams next year are from end May, start of June. If somehow bugger up an exam, need to re-sit it towards end of June. At other universities, re-sit the exam in August. This is a fucking pain if you wanna go work overseas over the summer i.e America where most places only accept people in May and June :angry:

My writing is awful, so when I foget cases (which is often) I just scribble and hope the examiner gives me the benefirt of the doubt.

Think it tends to work

I think I passed all my exams that way.

Last exam tomorrow and I soooooooooooooooooooooooo don't want to do it, I need to learn 6 months worth of work today <_<

Final exam, Flight Dynamics 4, was finished yesterday

Think it went OK but the guy has a reputation as a lunatic when it comes to marking so really could get anything from an A downwards.

Overall I think I could have got AAB but would expect to be more CBB which suggests I'll be 2:1 which is fine by me.

Also am I right in thinking someone is doing Law at Glasgow here? We have a Law course to do next semester which I think is going to be all about Contract and Employment Law. No idea why we couldn't have got this in 1st or 2nd year like the rest of our other courses like Economics and Management but there you go

Uni next year looks good. Two replies out of five back.

Conditional for Strathclyde (History & Politics)

Unconditional for Stirling (History & Politics)

3 more replies to wait for. Strathclyde looks a good bet now though.