Who's Going To Uni?

About 100 yards from "the big tesco", very strangely placed, next to what must be offices.

That's the one down at the water?

I've GoogleMapped it and yeah that's the one. I think my mate was staying in the flats towards maybe Constable Street or somewhere over that neck of the woods. They now have their own flat on Step Row.

Edited by vikingTON

About 100 yards from "the big tesco", very strangely placed, next to what must be offices.

:huh:

"The big Tesco" can be found in South Road. You surely mean Tesco at Riverside?

And although they're close as the crow flies, there's the small matter of the railway line in between them...

Note for Stirling newcomers:

Don't get your hopes up when people talk about cheap drink at Unions. Your Union is dreadful and probably just marginally cheaper than your local.

Cheaper?! You're kidding right?

What do you pay for a pint in your local?

It's about £2.70ish around here, and you'll get a Tennent's in Studio for £2.35, Stella for £2.45

You can get Fosters for £2.40 in sportsters, I'd not sure why you would... Pint of best is £2.60 in Drought Neebors IIRC. TBH I havn't been to studio in a long time and I remember it not being cheap.

I'm not having a go at you personally, but this is why I think that Freshers week is a bad idea.

It's just loads of kids who have never been away from home before and instead of adjusting, they dive in right at the deep end and go out and get slaughtered every night. They have never had so much freedom.

I took a job working in the Strathclyde Union last year to make ends meet and I started at the beginning of Freshers week. By the end of the week, I had smacked a wee idiot in the puss, got into arguments numerous times with cocky little morons who have had one too many for the fourth night in a row and had to clean up an unbelievable amount of sick, all because first years are allowed to go nuts like this.

I've nothing against folk going to Uni, I'm not Stuart Dickson, but I just wonder why the vast majority of first years feel the need to go out and get bladdered most nights when they start at Uni.

Fair enough, I think it's all part of the fun though.

As it is, I've been drunk the last 4 nights, so tonight it'll be soft drinks only and I plan on being in bed for 12 (the kast 4 nights I've got to bed at 4, 5, 6 and then 7 o'clock).

Personally, I've never been so drunk that I puke, but the night before last I got back to my flat to find a guy passed out right in front of my front door, with puke all over the landing. It wasn't nice.

:huh:

"The big Tesco" can be found in South Road. You surely mean Tesco at Riverside?

And although they're close as the crow flies, there's the small matter of the railway line in between them...

I had no prior knowledge of this 'Super Tescos' you speak of.

Whoever chose to locate the Tesco at riverside is a retard. I end up just going to the metro in the centre because the other one is about a 20 minute walk. Its also a manky shithole of a Tesco.

Edited by MonTheFish